Chapter Nine

Marinette/Ladybug Pov

When Ema ran into the house at the start I was confused but then I saw her holding Adriana still transformed as KigBug, she was knocked out and I was terrified for the worst. I wanted to ask what was wrong with her but I was too busy trying to hold in tears. Adrien asks Ema what happened but was only rejected. She put Adriana above her job as Kitty Noir and to be honest, I was proud of her for doing so. "M'lady?"

"Yes, Chaton?"

"Do you think Adriana will be okay?" He asked as he looked up to my watery eyes.

"I know so, so let's kick this akuma's butt for hurting our baby girl!."

Ema's Pov

The doctor said that Adriana is in a coma which could last about three to twelve days, thanks to Tikki, she doesn't have any major injuries. "Adri if you can hear me, mum and dad defeated Shadow and now they're on their way." The doctor said that she might be confused when she wakes up and that we should tell her things that are happening just in case she can hear us.

"Is she okay?" Louis asked as he burst into the room with Hugo, mum and dad. "Oh my god?! Addy, what happened to her?!"

"Louis calm down, we don't want to upset Adriana."

Louis glared at me, "She is my twin Em, my twin is laying in a hospital bed unconscious. How am I meant to calm down?!"

"Stop it Louis! Being angry at me won't make Adriana better. She may be your twin but she is also our sister," I looked over to Hugo and I could tell he was upset, though Hugo had always been stubborn with his emotions.

"You're right," he looked down, "I'm sorry." A small tear fell from his eye as I hugged him, I couldn't help it anymore, so hate seeing my family sad, before I knew, Mum, Dad and Hugo joined in.

"It will be okay, she will be okay," mum ensured us, "We just need to wait that's all." It's my fault that Adriana is hurt, she knew that we couldn't do it but I gave her fake hope. "Ema, are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm fine."

"Em, can you come with me?" I followed dad out of the door and into the hallway, I could tell I was in for a pet talk. "I know you think it's your fault but you're wrong."

"No, dad, it is my fault! I was the one who told her that we could do this but we couldn't, we're not you and mum." Tears were now streaming down my face as I explained my thoughts to dad.

"Sweetie trust me, you and Adriana are just as good at being heroes as your mother and I ever were," he hugged me, for the first time today I felt forgiven. Mum and dad may not be angry at me, I can't help but feel that Adriana, Louis and Hugo might not feel that same. "I know how you are feeling, I was the same. whenever your mother would get hurt by an akuma I would blame it on myself, like you are now."

As I was about to ask something I heard a voice say "Is she okay?"