Chapter 17

"Go the fuck away...don't fucking touch me!", he yelled at her when she was trying to reach out for him. She backed away, surprised, her back meeting the closed door. They had just come back to the hotel and she had joined him in his room...and now he was absolutely freaking out for no apparent reason. "Damiano...calm down please...I just want to help you, okay? Let me at least check your arms...", she begged...she just suspected that he had done it again before the concert but she couldn't be sure until she was able to see it. "What the fuck do you not understand?! Go away! Grab your stuff and go to your own fucking room! I don't want your help and I don't want you to be here. I don't fucking need you!", he yelled, anger in his voice. But his eyes told a different story...his eyes were sad, helpless and lost. And even though his words stung a bit, she fully believed that he didn't mean it. Whatever had happened during that phone call must have caused that reaction...she was absolutely sure about that now. "You don't mean that, Damiano...please...don't let whatever just happened get in the way of our friendship.", she was speaking calmly, now walking towards him again, hoping to calm him down a bit. "This friendship is already ruined. You ruined it when you couldn't keep your annoying ass out of other people's businesses!", his voice was cold as ice, ringing in her ears. His words hurt, like a knife right through her heart. Yes that sounded dramatic but he was her best friend and they had never had a real fight...and he had never said something like that to her. She swallowed hard, reaching her hand out again: "Please...you don't mean that. I just want to help you..." She gently touched his shoulder but that was definitely a bad decision. "I told you not to fucking touch me! Back the fuck off!", he pushed her away, way harder than she had ever imagined he would. She lost her balance, falling down and hitting her head on the wall. For a second her eyes blacked out but she didn't lose consciousness. She touched her head shakily...she wasn't bleeding but she groaned in pain, opening her eyes again. She couldn't see much...everything was blurry and she felt kinda nauseous. She panicked, gasping for air...why couldn't she see properly? She took some sharp breaths, trembling as she rubbed her eyes...to her relief, the reason for her blurry vision were tears. She was crying and she hadn't even noticed. It was probably a combination of the hurtful words, the pain and the shock.

"Fuck...fuck, Vic...are you okay...I...I didn't mean to...", Damiano kneeled down in front of her, seemingly panicking as well as he tried to reach out to her. She backed away immediately: "Don't you dare touch me now." Her voice was shaky and quiet but had a cold tone to it. As much as she wanted to help him, that had definitely crossed her boundaries. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that there had to be more to this...that something was horribly wrong because she knew him well enough to be sure that he would have never done that if there wasn't something up. But she was driven by emotions at that point, hurt and angry. She got up, having to hold onto the wall. Her head was pounding and she could hear her heartbeat in her ears. "You don't want me as your friend anymore? Fine...you can have that. From today on, we are only band members. Our relationship is purely for business and we won't have any private contact anymore.", she couldn't believe what she was saying but she was just too hurt to think or act rationally right now. "Don't even think about crawling back to me when you're depressed. That's not my problem anymore. You go and cut your fucking arms open, that's your personal problem and absolutely nothing I care about. But there is one thing you have to be aware of: This is your fault...not mine."

With that, she grabbed her stuff and left, ignoring that he was yelling her name before she could hear him break down in sobs. She just ignored everything, going back to her own room. She took a shower and went to bed after taking some painkillers for her headache...and that night, even though she would never admit it, she cried herself to sleep. She had just lost her best friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey ;)

Last chapter for today...more to come tomorrow :)

Did you expect this to happen? What do you think made him act that way? Let me know in the comments :)

Thanks for reading

- Thalia