CHAPTER 23

I finished work and started to collect my things and start walking out. I get on the elevator as usual and to the garage. I started walking toward my car but stop midway.

"Look who it is" A familiar voice say. I look toward the direction and see him again. Now what?

"Ugh hi" I say. He's about my height. He walks next to me.

"We've met again" He says.

"Here we are...meeting...again" I say. What does he want me to say?

"This is what, our fourth meeting" He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. "If I didn't know better, I would say you're stalking me"

I laugh. Funny guy.

"Good, I made you laugh" He say. Seriously. Oh, come on.

"Yes, you did" I say. Did I seriously just say that? I roll my eyes at my comment.

"Can I know the name of the person who owe me a dinner" He says.

"Nick... and I never really agreed—"

"Jaime" He cut me off. I scuffle. I ignore it.

"Nice to meet you" I say. I arrived to my car. I walk over to the passenger side. I look at Jaime who's just standing there nodding in acceptance while looking ahead. "Well, I'll see you" I say. He say bye before walking off. I get in and start my car trying to get out as soon as possible.

I start driving and my phone ring. I look at the call ID. Maleah.

"Hello" I answer.

"Hey, are you still coming with us tonight" She asks.

"Go where?" I respond. I sometimes forget that I made plans. Struggles of getting older (Yes, I know I'm only 30. Leave me alone)

"The club" She says. Oh god.

"You know, I have work early in the morning" I say.

"Don't we all" She says. It's a Monday. When did I agree to this? "Get there by ten"

With no other words, she hung up. The disrespect.

Maleah and I are high school friends, she never left our city. She decided staying was cheaper and didn't care to move. She's a teacher at a middle school now. I can't imagine her working with kids, especially doing high school she disliked them so much.

I drive to the gym. When I arrived, I changed into my gym attire and walk to the CrossFit class. It was about an hour and a half. After, I drive home and jump in the shower.

I spend time with my family for a bit until it was time for me to leave. I said bye to everybody and walk to my car. I start driving toward the location Maleah sent me.

I arrive there and park.

I text Maleah and walk inside to meet up with her. She was with a guy, her boyfriend. She had a lot of pictures of the both of them on Instagram. They've been together for a while now. " She wraps her arms around my neck and hug me.

"Hey" I say. She let me go and officially introduce her bf.

"Sup Buddy" He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. Isn't this a gay bar?

"Sup" I say. My trade days are behind me. Maleah raise an eyebrow at me. "Girl, I know"

"mmhmm" She say and laugh. We catch up on a few things. She mentions about going to our high school reunion. Our high school reunion was postponed for some weird reason that no one is still aware of. It was supposed to be two years ago and two years later here we are.

"Yea, I'll go" I say. We continue talking and drinking. I only had two beers since I'm driving.  After a few moments, we decided to sing karaoke, her bf had to go, honestly, I was happy cause I felt awkward with him there. It's my first time actually meeting him, so it was really awkward.

After catching up, I walked her to her uber before going to my car and drive home.

By the time I got home, I walk to Anna's room to check up on her and she was in bed under the covers. It looked to organized. I know very well what she's up to.

"Phone away... get some sleep" I say holding the door peeking my head through.

"Ok" She say.

"Good night" I say closing the door.