CHAPTER 25

"That would be all for now" Jaime say to the waiter handing him the menus. He look a bit concern as he walk away.

"I didn't order—"

"I ordered for you" He say. Hold the fuck up, who told him that's acceptable.

You know what Nick, it's fine. You're here to apologize, nothing more nothing less. It's fine. Right?

"Okay" I say letting it go.

I down for a bit and back up and he's just staring at me. I look around hoping he will look away but nope, nothing. I raise an eyebrow at him, and he frown a little.

"What?" I ask.

"What's your deal?" He ask. Umm, is he for real right now? What kind of question Is that?

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, we're outside of the office—relaxed a little"

I am relaxed.

'What are you implying?" I ask. That's such an off-putting thing to say to someone. No?

"I understand the attitude when you're in work mode, but this is a dinner, open up a little" He say. Excuse me.

"Wow"

"Oh come on, I mean it with the upmost respect" He continues. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Since it's your revenge dinner, how would you like me to act" I ask.

"Revenge—I thought this was a date" He has this surprise look on his face.

"Date?" He can't be serious. He basically TOLD me to come. "Is that how you ask people out?"

"More or less"

"What? There's more to being jerk"

"Being a jerk is kind of my charm"

"Oh, is a stick up your ass another one?"

"Could be" He say. He smiles. I try so hard not to, but a smile start forming on my face. Why am I smiling? That was such an asshole thing to do.

The waiter walked back up with our drinks.

"Hi, I'm Jaime" He say holding his hand out. I raise an eyebrow an him. Is this some sort do over?

"Nick" I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you Nick" He says. He's so cheeky isn't he.

"Same here Jaime"

I can't stop smiling.  What is wrong with me? He is very charming.

"So, what made you decide to be an attorney?" He asks.

"After college, it was between medicine and law and yeah"

"You went for the less schooling?"

"More of which is going to be easier and worth it in the future" I say. I truly did. My mom wanted me to do medicine, I even went for pre-med in undergrad, but even though I loved it really wasn't working for me. My school law program was having a seminar and a friend of mine invited me to go with her and I loved it and it sort of clicked.

"What about you?" I ask.

"Sort of a family business thing" He says. I nod.