CHAPTER 24

Casting Zac Efron as Jaime

The past few days I just went to work as usual, the weekends approached, and I just spent it with my family.

The following week, I walk into my office as usual and try to get as much work as possible before noon. I have to go to court at two today. I continue with my work and go to two meetings before lunch. I did as usual and got lunch to go.

As I wait in line for my lunch, come to my surprise of the voice behind me.

"Jaime" The worker say.

"That's me" A voice behind me say and walk pass me to the worker. He gets his food and turn back around. He look at me with a smile. I just give him a half smile. He continue walking toward me keeping the smile on his face. I just look at my trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"We meet again" He say standing in front of me. I look up at him.

"Ugh...Hello" I say.

"Are you free tonight?" He ask. I look around me and a few people start looking at us. I just smile at them.

"Ummm that depends" I say. His smile slowly fade.

"So tonight, at eight?" He ask. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I ask.

"The Peruvian bar on 15th" He suggest. Before I could say anything, he smile and walk out of the store. I wait a few minutes until I get my food and walk back to the office. Throughout the whole time, I just kept thinking about what he said.

Did I say something that would make him think I'm okay with him telling me that? Ugh, this is so confusing.

I get back to the office and finish my work.

I say bye to Brendon and went home of r the day.

"Dad" Anna shouts coming downstairs. I stay focus on my laptop reading some cases.

"Hey dad—" She walks in the kitchen and approach me on the island.

"Yeah" I say.

"Dad, there's a school trip coming up and uhh—" She pause. I look at her.

"What?" I ask. I've never disapproved of her going on a school trip before.

"It's a camping trip" she say. I nod. Why is she hesitating?

"Okay, we can go shopping on the weekend" I say turning back to my computer. I continue with work for an hour or two until my I got a text from Jaime. He says to dress nice and not be late. Seriously, what does he want from me?

I decide to go to this "date" because maybe if I do go, he'll leave me alone. I shower and walk to my closet. What should i wear. I haven't been to a date in a while and now I'm going with some stranger.

I grab a pair of dark greyish pants with a green floral like bottom-up short sleeve and regular Chelsea boots. I look at myself in mirror. Why am I trying so much? I don't even know him. I put on some cologne and head downstairs.

"Oooh, where are you going?" My mom ask from the couch with my dad and Anna. Anna laying on her lap and my dad sitting there staring on his hone.

"Meeting a friend for dinner" I say. I say bye and walk out. I drive to the address Jaime sent me.

When I arrive, I park my car and walk inside the restaurant. It looks a little too formal for me. Why did he pick this restaurant? I walk up to the front and this short girl who seems to be in her early twenties greet me.

"Welcome, do you have a reservation with us for today?" She ask.

"Reservation?" I ask. She nods. Seriously?

"No, I'm meeting up with a friend" I say.

"What's his name?" She ask.

"Jaime" I say. I don't even know his last name. She looks on her computer. I look to my right and see Jaime walking dress in this white jacket, shirt with dress pants and shoes. He got a haircut, and his stubble looks neat. He's quite handsome.

"He's with me" He says to the host. He tells me to follow him. He picked a table by the window, and we sit down.

"You look nice" He says. I smile.

"So do you" I say. A grin appears on his face. I mean he does look nice. "So, is this all you want for you to let it go"

He just smiles and look over the menu. Is that a yes?

"So, what do you want to eat?" He asks. Since, I'm paying shouldn't it be the opposite way around.

"Anything is fine" I say. The waiter came over and he just starts ordering.

"We'll get number 5 and 32 with a bottle of red wine" He say and I try looking on the menu for the numbers and the menu is snatched from my hands.