CHAPTER 28

John's POV

We say bye to James as he walks out through the door and get in his car and drive away. I let Oliver go hangout with his friends. Honestly, I don't really know what he does with his friends whenever they hang out, just as long as he doesn't do anything stupid enough for me to be called then I'm cool with it. I know he and his friends drink and all of that, and it doesn't really bother me just as long as he doesn't lie about it if I ask.

I start getting ready to go to this party my friend Steve is throwing. When Nick and I was together he wasn't a big party person so I didn't go out as much but now I can, so I try to have fun when I do go.

I grab my keys and walk to my uber. As I get in, I text my friend that I'm on my way. When I arrive at Steve's house, almost everybody is drunk or tipsy already.

"John this is Kevin, Louis, Gabriel and Daniel" Steve introduce me to this group of guys each standing with a cup in their hands.

Kevin is dress in this white tight tank with these black jeans and hair messy in his face. He's cute. Gabriel is dress in more of a baggy fit. They're all very cute, but Kevin and Gabriel kind of caught my eyes a bit. I introduce myself to them. Kevin and I kept exchanging glances at each other as the whole group conversate.

"Excuse me for a second" I say. I've been looking around the room and there's no girls and no one I recognize so far. I walk to the kitchen where a bunch of alcohol was place on the table. I had brought a bottle which Steve took from me earlier. I start pouring myself a drink.

"So, how is it going?" Steve ask popping out of nowhere. I look at him confuse.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He has this weird look on his face.

"You know, are you connecting with anyone yet?" He grin and raise his eyebrows. I take another look around the room and realize why there was no girls around.

"Is this a hookup party?" I ask. He shake his head.

"No, it's more of a get to know each other get together" He explain. I look at him sideways. He didn't think to inform me of this before I came. Mind you I wouldn't have come but still.

"What's the difference?" I ask.

"Well, I'm trying to help ya lonely asses"

I roll my eyes at him, and he tells me to enjoy myself and walk over to another group. I pour myself a few shots and walk to the backyard where it was still pretty pack with people.

I found a quiet place near the pool area. I feel tipsy so to speak, I grab and go to contacts. I have no idea what I was looking for. I stop at Nick's name and number and just stare at it for a bit. I keep going back and forth in my mind on whether or not I should call.

"Hello" I hear a distant voice say. I look up but there's no one there. I look around me but everyone was doing their own thing.

"Hello" The voice repeated. I look down at my phone and it's on call with 10 seconds already going. I start to panic as I look at Nick's name. Did I call him? Did he call me?

"John" He say. I put the phone up to my ear and try to say hello back, but no words would come out. "Okay, I'm hanging up"

"Wait" I say, but it came out more of a cry.

"It's late here John" He say. I clear my throat.

"Yea, sorry it was an accident" I say.

"Okay, well is everything okay?" He asks. Should I tell him Oliver got in trouble or something, maybe that might give him an excuse to continue talking to me.

"Ugh, yea but how you been?" I ask. I feel like I'm getting a bit sober, so I grab the cup I had and finish the drink.

"I'm alright" He say, I smile, it's nice hearing his morning voice, I used to wake up to that voice.

"Good, I'm glad" I say in relief.

I was in the wrong when he asked for a divorce. I was so mad, because he promised me, we would figure it out and try. I was to blame for the divorce because I broke his trust and I took accountability for it and promise to fix it, but when he asked for a divorce two months after he promised me, I felt like he just gave up on trying to fix us and it made me angry.

"So, what's been going on" I ask. It's been months since our divorce, and I haven't talked to him since his birthday a few weeks ago. I want him back, I want him to say he misses me, to kiss me, to hold my hand like he used too, to tell me everything he did that day.

'Can we do this another day, it's really late here" He say. I'm disappointed a bit.

'Ok, I understand' I say. He hung up.