CHAPTER 22

NICK'S POV

For a few days, after my birthday we went back to everyday lives. Anna went to school; I went back to work and etc...

Halloween came and my mother got Anna to go trick or treat with her. I thought it was stupid, but Anna was actually excited about going with her. She never wanted to go with me back in Texas.

NOV 2ND

I walk inside the building and to the elevator as always.

"Hold the elevator please" This female voice calls out. I hold the elevator. This tall blonde girl rush in with this guy behind her.

"Thank you" She says. I look at the guy and give him a slight nod and smile.

"No problem" I say. I ask what floor and the lady told me. I continue my focus forward. The elevators walls were all mirrored. As the lady was talking to the guy my eyes look at them through the mirror. The guy was staring at me. I just awkwardly smile and continue my focus. As soon as the elevator stop on my floor I quickly walk out.

"Hey Brendon" I say passing his desk into my office. He walks to me as usual. I sat down and he shut the door behind him. I raise an eyebrow at him. He always does that whenever he has to tell me something about the office and stuff.

"Have you heard about this new guy from across the hall" He says. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"No, what about him?" I ask.

He would always act polite and being a little on edge with me, but the other day I told him to just act casual with me.

"He's so cute" He says.

"Go talk to him" I say. He smiles and kept looking at me. "What?"

"What about you and this guy that keeps calling here" He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. What is he talking about?

"What guy?" I ask. He's eyes widened.

"Oh, look at the time" He says before walking out. I'm so confused.

I continue my work and get on with my day. When lunch comes around, I usually asks Brendon to order me delivery, but today I want to get some fresh air. I tell Brendon to go on his lunch break as well. He always goes to lunch with some of his colleagues I get on the elevator and head downstairs

There's a really nice takeout place down the street. I walk there and got me a poke bowl. Nothing to heavy, but something feeling. I've been watching my weight lately and trying to get back to my healthy routines. I have my gym session today around six with this trainer whom I haven't even met yet.

As I was sitting there eating my lunch and staring down at my phone reading some emails. This figure appears above me.

"Is this seat taking?" A male voice says. I didn't think too much of it. Maybe he wants the chair for his table or something. I didn't even look at him.

"Nah, you good" I say. The chair pulls out and he seat down. I look up at him. He had a smile on his face. Umm, what's happening?

"Hi" He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. I look around. Is this some sort of joke or something?

".... Hi" I say. He smiles. He has this charming smile. A dimple in his right cheek. Nice smooth golden skin with this short scruff which looks so good on him and these eyes. I return an awkward smile.

He just kept eating and looking at me. He kinds of look familiar. I look up at him once more and it all clicked. He's the guy from the elevator this morning.

"Oh, you need the table" I say picking my bowl and trying to get up, but he stops the bowl by tapping his chopstick on the side of my bowl. I raise an eyebrow at him, but he just kept looking at me with this look on his face. I can't read him.

"Sit, enjoy your food" He says in this playful voice. I just sat back down and took another bite. Is he playing some kind of joke or something?

"Ok, what is this?" I say being over it.

"Just two people having lunch together" He says. What?

"Ok.... But shouldn't you be having it with the woman I saw you with this morning" I say.

"Who?... Julia? —Nah, she has her own work to finish" He says. So, I'm a backup plan great. What am I talking about? I don't even know the guy. "Besides, I wanted to confront you"

"I'm sorry?" I say.

"Well, you almost run Julia and I over so" He say. Seriously?

"That was you?" I ask. He nods. Shit. Is this some revenge thing or something? We're not kids. "I'm so sorry"

"Buy me dinner" He says. Wait what?

"Huh?"

"You said you're sorry"

"I am"

"Then buy me dinner"

"I'm not following"

"Actions speak louder than words man" He says. He got up with his bowl and throw it away. He didn't even say anything before walking out.

"What just happened?" I say to myself. I don't even know his name. I don't know anything about this guy. I finished my lunch and head back.