CHAPTER 26

After dinner, we start walking outside and just stood there for a second. I raise an eyebrow at him as he stares me down. Umm ok.

"Well, I'll see you at the office" I say. He chuckles and look down.

"You're breaking my heart man" he say.

"I don't understand what you mean" I say. He's a jokester isn't he. What is he expecting?

"We had a lovely dinner in a beautiful romantic setting, and I made you laugh and smile like crazy—"

"I wouldn't say that—"

"And I don't even get a hug or anything"

"Okay fine" I say opening my arms. He walk to me keeping his head down. It's a nice hug. I pull away from him and he just pout his lips like a big baby. I say bye and walk to my car.

.......

When I got home, I just walk straight up to my room and shower. As I was getting out of the shower, I hear my phone ring. I walk to pick it up and it stop. I look at the caller ID and John's name pop up. I'm a little confused. I start debating on whether I should call back.

I decided not to and just went to bed.

.......

A few days pass, Jaime keep inviting me out for lunch every single day. At first, I was a little uncomfortable because I barely know him, but he's cool in a weird asshole way.

"Mr. Hunter, your eleven o'clock is here" Brendon say poking his head through the doorway. I tell him to let them in. The guy walk in dress in a suit with this smirk on his face. He doesn't look worried for someone who's getting sued.

After the meeting, I did some more paperwork, then i went to lunch as usual.

As I start walking back to the office I bump into this guy. I apologize and continue walking, but he stop me.

"Nick" A voice say. I turn to face him and my breath sort off stopped for a second. This tall figure with these broad shoulders standing in front of me. He has this smile on his face, his hair is short complimenting his facial structures and his scruff nicely trim, and his jaw sharp fitting his face.

"Hello" I say. Do we know each other?

"You don't recognize me?" He ask. I raise an eyebrow at him.

Should I recognize him? Does he work at the firm? Is he a new/old client?

"I'm sorry..."

"It's me Dana" He says. I'm drawing a blank.

"Dana?"

"From school, we were in English class together" He says. Is he serious? I wouldn't forget a face like that. Damn, am I shallow.

"Oh, Dana How have you been?" I say pretending like I remember.

"You don't remember do you" He emphasized with a smile. His smile is literally perfect. I smile back.

"No, sorry" I say. He laughed; I just went along so I didn't make him feel bad. He pulled his phone out and showed me a picture of us with other classmates.

I noticed him from the picture and look back up at him, there's no way that's the same person. In the picture is this skinny kid standing at the end with this emotionless expression on his face. This man that I'm looking at right know, this perfectly fit, sculpted man can't be the same person.

"Damn, what happened?" I say and he smirk.

"We grew up" He say. I don't know about we, but damn he fine.

"Yea, some more than others" I say, and he laugh. He looks me right in my eyes.

"You haven't changed a bit" He say. I raise an eyebrow at him. Is that a compliment?

"Geez thanks" I say.

"That's a good thing" He say. I nod.

"What brings you here at this time" I ask.

"I just came from a meeting to discuss some business" He say.

"Ah, must be some important stuff" I say.

"Not exactly... I'm guessing by your clothes you work here"

"Yes sir, I'm an attorney here" I say.

"Ah, I see" He say.

"Yea, I'm running a little late on picking up my daughter, but it was nice seeing you" I say. I start walking away and he stop me.

"Can I get your card, we should catch up sometimes" He say. Didn't we just catch up?

"Yea, totally" I say. I give him my business card and say bye. I walk to my car and drive out.

As I drive to Anna's school to pick her up, I just keep thinking about whether I knew him. Yes, we were in the same class, but I don't us talking to each other at all.

I pull up in front of Anna's school and call her to come out. My mom and dad has been picking her up since she started. Sometimes, I ask Brendon if he can pick her up and bring her to the office. The school doesn't have a school bus that pass by us and I refuse on her taking Ubers and stuff so this is the only system that has been working lately.

I usually get out at five in the afternoon, and she joined the dance team, so they have practice after school sometimes, so it gives her something to do instead of just waiting for me to pick her up. My phone ring and I look at the caller ID.

"Hey buddy" I answer.