Bye Daddy

"go babe we'll be fine," Chloe said as Jackson stood by the bed with his practice clothes on. Sadly MLB players only got 3 days of paternity leave but Jackson was given a 3 day extension because of River being born early and the extra stay in the hospital so today was day seven and Jackson was heading back to the team.

"my mom is here and yours is only 20 minutes away... if I need anything there are people here." Chloe said as Jackson sat beside her on the bed. It was 7:00 AM and all three of them were up... River was nursing and Jackson had just gotten ready but was slow to leave.

"call me if you need anything and I'll be home right away I promise," Jackson said as Chloe nodded.

"I love you now go." Chloe said as Jackson leaned down and pecker her lips and River's head.

" I love you too by the way..." Jackson said as he walked out of the room and downstairs. He grabbed his car keys before he pulled out of the driveway.

"we've got this baby girl don't we." Chloe said as her mom knocked on the door before coming in.

"good morning beautiful ladies," Brooke said as she walked in and sat on the bed next to Chloe.

"how'd she do last night?" Brooke asked as Chloe rubbed her finger over River's cheek.

"she did better... she only woke up twice once at 12 and then 3:30. I think she got at 5 to but Jackson changed her then put her back to sleep." Chloe said as River unlatched so Chloe brought her to her shoulder to burp her.

" what's the plan for today." Brooke asked as Chloe fixed her shirt.

"she has her first appointment at 3 and that's it." Chloe said as Brooke took River from her.

"take a shower then come downstairs." Brooke said as Chloe nodded. Brooke picked up a pacifier before heading downstairs with her granddaughter.

"mommy had no idea what is coming does she little lady. Daddy is taking you and mama to a special place this weekend." Brooke said as she rocked her granddaughter as she looked up at her.

________

"so are you ready to be a year older..." Brooke said as Chloe chuckled

"it's not a big year its 23." Chloe said as she grabbed her coffee off of the table.

"um it's your first year as a mom its pretty big," Brooke said as River let out a cry so Chloe picked her up from her dock-a-tot.

"what's up beautiful you can't hungry I just fed you 45 minutes ago." Chloe said as River scrunched up her face and fist. Chloe put her Paci in her mouth but it didn't help.

"is her diaper dirty." Brooke asked as Chloe shook her head.

"try nursing her again... she may want a snack." Brooke said as Chloe sat back against the couch and helped River latch on but she just cried out.

" baby girl what's wrong." Chloe said as she stood up and bounced River in her arms... nothing seemed to be working... she was still crying her little heart out. Chloe looked at her mom with panic in her eyes.

"calm down Chloe let me see her." Brooke said as she stood up and held River in her arm with her belly down as she pat her back and rocked her side to side. She started to settle but only after a few seconds of constant swaying.

"sometimes her tummy will hurt because it's all growing and changing. just lay her like this and put a little pressure on her stomach it should help." Brooke said as Chloe took River out of her mom's arms and she cuddled against her.

"it's just gonna take time hun you'll learn all of her cries and cues before you know it." Brooke said as River laid against Chloe's chest and slept peacefully.