It'll All Be Fine

"hey guys how was the appointment..." Brooke said as the Family walked back in the house. Chloe broke down the second her mom asked her

"baby what's wrong" Brooke said as she held her daughter up who was sobbing

" Chloe baby what's wrong," Brooke asked as Jackson put the carseat on the counter and took Chloe from her mom and picked her up... wrapping her legs around his waist sitting her on the counter next to her.

"calm down baby it'll be fine..." Jackson said as he kissed Chloe's temple and rubbed his hand over her back.

"what's going on guys" Brooke asked as Jackson spoke up.

"we have to take River to an X-ray tomorrow because they think that there is something wrong with her intestines and that's why she's so fussy. If it's what they think shell need surgery." Jackson said as Chloe wrapped her arms around Jackson's neck.

"what," Brooke said as she held her hand over her mouth

"we're in just as much shock." Chloe said as she looked down at her daughter.

"she said that if it wasn't severe enough to discover while Chloe was pregnant then it shouldn't be a big blockage but its big enough that River struggles to eat and get tired from pushing it down. This is why she's always fussy." Jackson said as he stood to the side of Chloe and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"so tomorrow she has a x-ray to see if she has it." Brooke asked as she rubbed Chloe's leg.

"yeah its a contrast x-ray so they will give her a liquid that will show her intestines more so they can see where the blockage is." Chloe said as she turned to River and unbuckled her from her carseat and then pulled her out... holding her infant of her as they all three stared down at the baby.

"its all gonna be fine... right baby girl." Jackson said as River gripped his finger as she squirmed and grunted in Chloe's arms.

"are you leaving daddy a presents" Chloe asked as Jackson chuckled.

"daddy will gladly change your present," Jackson said as Brooke smiled at them.

"your daddy and brothers want to come over for dinner but I can tell them no is you want," Brooke said as Chloe shook her head

"no let em come if she has to have surgery we're gonna be in the hospital for a little while so they won't see her as often." Chloe said as Brooke nodded.

"can we go sit outside," Chloe asked Jackson as he nodded and helped her down off of the counter. Jackson grabbed River's pacifier and a blanket before he followed Chloe outside to their porch. They sat down on the couch before Chloe rested her head against Jacksons shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her back.

"I need to call my manager..." Jackson said as Chloe looked up at him.

"are they gonna let you be off for 3 weeks if she has to have surgery," Chloe asked as Jackson shrugged his shoulders.

"if they don't I'll find another team. I had 4 coached wanting me I can easily find another team. We'll just have to move." Jackson said as Chloe nodded.

"I love you" Chloe said as she leaned up and kissed Jackson. River started to whine but Brooke walked outside.

"let me change her guys," she said as she took River out of Chloe's arms and Jackson stood up and reached his hand out.

"walk with me," he said as Chloe nodded and stood up. They had a decent size back yard with a pavilion in the middle. He walked to the pavilion.

"so I had this big romantic evening planned this weekend and your mom was gonna come with us and keep River so we could go to dinner but I don't know if we're gonna be able to go now because of baby girl. So I have a serious question I want to ask you..." Jackson said as he reached into his back pocket and grabbed a small velvet box and got down on one knee in front of Chloe as she gasped.