Chapter 8

Harry's p.o.v.

"Thank you so much." I said hugging Miranda's mom, Ms.Kelly.

I walked out of her house and gave her the signal to text Miranda. This was going to be great. I made a whole plan on how to get her to forgive me. First, her mom would text her saying something was important. Then, I would drive to the bus stop and pick her up so I could 'take her home'. But really I'd be taking her to her favorite place ever. The park where she last saw her dad before he passed. After a evening picnic at the park I would take her to the arcade for an hour or two. By then it should be around 6 p.m. and it would be time to really take her home. I gave her mom $600 to buy food, snacks, drink, and decorations for Miranda'a surprise party that would be held at my house. Ms.Kelly agreed to keep this party from my mom. I invited Kyler, and told him to bring any of Miranda'a friends. He agreed and began to invite people I didn't even know existed.

It seemed perfect to me. And I was on my way to pick her up. When I didn't see her at the bus stop I was confused. She was always on the 4:00 p.m. bus home, where was she? I called her mom and found she hadn't come home yet. I parked in the closest stall to the front entrance and began my search for Miranda. Looking at all the passing faces on the way to Starbucks I hadn't seen her. I walked into Starbucks and found a different person working the counter.

"Excuse me, where is Miranda?"I politely asked the blonde haired girl behind the counter.

"Uhm, last I saw she was in the employee room." She replied.

"Thank you." I quickly said before dashing off to the door.

"Wait! Sir, the rule of the 'employee' room is that only 'employees' are allowed." She spoke her hand blocking my path.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to break the rule won't I." I said as seductively as possible. She melted away and let me pass.

I walked into the room and found two rows of lockers. I walked down the first one and tried to find miranda's name on one of them. No luck. I turned the corner and continue my search. I spotted a bag left on the bench. I dig through it in hope of finding who the owner is. I get hold of a wallet and open it. I find $300, some pictures of a little girl and some old guy, and lip gloss. I opened one of the compartments and a picture fell out. It was me and Miranda smiling brightly with ice cream cones in our hands. I smiled at the picture, remembering our childhood.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and began to search of Miranda. I know she wouldn't leave her purse here, especially a $800 LV bag my mom had bought for her. I searched around for any hint of where she could be and stumbled upon a door. To the women's bathroom. 'Err what if she's just having tummy troubles or something.' I thought to myself. I sucked in my pride and went into the women's restroom for the second time today. This better not turn into a habit. I found Miranda there, lying on the floor, helpless, with her phone next to her.

I ran to her and planted my knees on the floor next to her. I picked up her head and rested it on my lap.

"Miranda, Miranda." I said shaking her body.

Nothing.

"Miranda!" I yelled, putting her head back on the floor. I pressed my ear against her chest, I could hear a heart beat.

I began to panic. I slipped her phone into my pocket, grabbed her bag, and carried her bridal style out of starbucks. I got a few dirty looks, but ignored them as I have a serious problem on my hands. I rushed over to my car and placed Miranda in the passenger seat. I buckled her in, reclined the seat all the way, and threw her bag in the backseat. As I got into the driver's seat and started the car I buckled myself in and pulled out as fast as lighting.

The nearest hospital was 8 miles away. I type in 'Queens medical center' in to my G.P.S and began to follow the instructions. Turning right, left, and Making U turns as fast, and safely as I could. I was at a busy intersection, cars going everywhere when the lights signaled to. It was confusing and I always hated intersections. I always avoided them. But I couldn't, Miranda needed help, now. If I took another way it may be too late.

I waited for the light to turn green. At the exact second they did, cars zoomed past me. Turning everywhere. I looked left, then right, then left again. I couldn't see anyone. I slowly began to push on the gas. The car began to move forward, getting faster and faster. I was about half way through the intersection when I heard a loud, deep honk. I looked to my left and saw a huge truck at full speed heading straight for my side of the car.

I threw myself over Miranda, eyes shut.

The sound of crushing metal, breaking glass, screeching tires all rang in my ears. I could feel my heart beat growing louder and louder in my ears, like canons firing right next to me. My eyes barely stayed open. I slipped in and out of reality, as I heard the faint sounds of screaming and sirens. I made one attempt to lift my head and extreme pain took over my body. I was overwhelmed and took one last glimpse of whatever blur I was seeing and slipped into a place only I know, my dreams.

-in the hospital-

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of talking. My eyes roamed my surroundings, and fell upon Miranda talking to a white blur. I rubbed my eyes and cleared my vision. I then recognized the "white blur" as a doctor.

"Your boyfriend saved your life Miranda." He spoke.

"What do you mean, because of him I almost died." She spat back.

"He threw himself over you, if he hadn't you would have flown out of the car, and wouldn't be here right now." He reminded her.

"I don't even know how I got into his car! I was at work in the bathroom, and then I'm in a accident? He probably drugged me or something." She whispered loudly, her arms crossed over her stomach.

"Miranda." The doctor spoke.

"Just, when can I get out of here?" She asked.

"When we are sure that you are healed. We'll be taking a few more tests, and you'll go through some physical therapy. So probably 2, 3 weeks at the most." He said.

I tried to talk but found my self breaking out into a vicious cough instead. Each cough bringing extreme pain to my body. I groaned and the doctor came running with a bottle of water and slightly lifted my head so I could drink.

I drank and drank and drank. I stopped coughing, and my head was slowly placed back down onto an uncomfortable pillow.

"Well, it looks like the two sleepy heads have decided to finally wake up today." He said checking things off on some clipboard.

"Finally?" Miranda questioned.

"Well, yeah, you have both been in a coma for about a week and a half. The nurse has called your mother and she will becoming after work." He said towards Miranda.

"What about my mom?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"Your mom is still out of town Harry, she got called to the UK and she'll be back in a month." He said.

"A month? She said a week." I replied.

"Well something came up with work. But can I ask you a few mandatory questions? It'll only take a few minutes." He replied.

I nodded my head and he began.

----------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Almost 100 reads thank you guy so much!

Any comments for what you want to happen?

Comment "character-y/n" to be a character if you want. :)

Thank you guys soooo much.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox