Chapter 1

Miranda's p.o.v.

My name is Miranda, nothing's special about me. I'm just a normal 16 year old. I live in what most people call "Paradise". Honolulu, Hawaii to be exact. I can't wait to get high school over with. I don't necessarily like high school, but I know I'll need it in the future, so I'm a straight 'a'student. I'm not one of 'the populars', I'm kind of just there at school. I have a small group of friends that's all I really need. I don't need a bunch of fake friends, that'll eventually stab me in the back.

But I do know the populars. I don't do their homework or anything like that. I only know them because of Harry freaking Styles. Ugh. Our moms have been best friends since the second grade. So we're forced to socialize with each other. I hate it. All he does is pick on me, put me down, and make fun of me with his friends. I hate that we live right next door to each other and even worse, go to the same school. At least it's his senior year. The last year of him constantly bugging me at school. But he wasn't always a jerk...

When we were little we would be the best of friends. He'd come to my house on the weekends, and we'd play for hours. Sometimes I'd go over to his house and play there, but my house was filled with toys so it was usually my house. We'd even have sleep overs at my house. We'd have little camp outs in my tree house that my dad built me.

The routine was; get through five long days of school, finish any homework on Friday afternoon, and play together Friday night, all of Saturday, and until Sunday evening. Then repeat. But that all stopped when he reached middle school. He became "too cool" to hang out with someone in Elementary school.

That's when he started picking on me. He took advantage of me, telling my mom lies just to get me in trouble. He would frame me all the time, throwing my moms china to the floor, and saying it was me who broke it. He changed into somebody I only recognized in the outside. Although in the inside he was someone completely different. He went from a fun,carefree best friend. To a lying,jerk that I didn't even want to be near.

It doesn't help that our bedroom windows are aligned. He has a perfect view into my room. And vise-versa, It seems like I can never get away from him I wake up, I see him getting ready in the morning. I go to school, I see him in the halls with his 'friends'. I watch t.v., he's outside playing soccer with his 'friends'. I go to sleep? I see him through my window! I can't get away from him. It's just a tad but frustrating.

I miss him though. The old him. I have photo albums from when we were still best friends. I look at them every now and then. Just to reminisce about the old times.

"What are you looking at, ugly?" A deep, recognizable voice said, full of attitude.

"Nothing." I quickly replied, shutting the photo album of Harry and I when we were young.

"It didn't look like 'nothing'." He spat looking towards the album.

I didn't reply, knowing it would only begin another fight between us. I grabbed my iPod and put my earphones in. And played my favorite song, Skinny love by Birdy.

I saw Harry step into my room, closing the door behind him. 'Oh gosh' I thought to myself. I was quick to grab the album and kick it under my bed before he could even reach for it.

I watched as he looked around my room. Lightly running his finger over my belongings on my shelves and desk. He carefully examined each item. Finally having enough of his snooping around I took out my earphones and asked "find what you're looking for?"

His head snapped back away from a picture of my best friends and I. He turned on his heel and faced me.

"nope. Just a bunch of crap, with pictures of some people with an ugly cow." He replied, referring to me as an 'ugly cow'.

"Why are you even in my room?" I asked in annoyance.

"Our moms are having a 'girls night out', your mom wanted me to come over and 'keep you company', which means I basically have to babysit you." He smirked knowing I hate it when he refers to me as a baby.

"Well, I'm not a baby. So you can leave now." I shot back, giving him and evil glare.

"nah, I think I'll stay right here. Animal planet is live right in front of me. I've never seen cows this up close before." He said taking a seat on my computer desk's chair.

"You're such a dick Harry. If you're going to stay here then keep quiet. I have homework and studying to do." I said, grabbing my backpack, taking out my note books, text books and my cute little pencil bag. It was pink with 'roxy' printed in small black font on the bottom, right. It was cylinder shaped. Long enough to fit a full length mechanical pencil and wide enough to fit my eraser in.

Harry just sat there tapping his fingers on my desk staring into absolutely nothing. I giggled to myself remembering he use to do that ad a kid all the time.

"Something funny?" He asked sternly.

"I just remembered something. That's all..." I trailed off.