i knew it when you looked my way

Now as Y/N starts getting to the bottom of the stairs she can hear Louis which gives her hope that he's still not entirely mad at her.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴ 3rd Person POV ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴➵

"yeah i don't think i'm worth it either" It stung it really did. It's not everyday that your crushes father tells you that he doesn't want you with his daughter. Louis new better than to argue with Harry, or to try to prove to him that he was, worth it. For his daughter atleast.

He stood up off the couch and wiped his sweaty hand on his jeans. "i shou- i should get going" Louis didn't want to leave it wasn't his intention for the talk to go in an entirely different direction then what he thought. If that's what Harry thought then there's no way Louis could change his mind.

Harry stood from the couch too and put his hand out for Louis to shake. "It's for the better mate." yeah it is for the better, sure it is. All these thoughts about not being enough for Y/N were rushing through his head. He wanted to talk to her. He understood that Harry didn't want Louis and her to be together. But he just needed Y/N to tell him if he though the same thing as her father. Then he would stop trying.

Just as Y/N was about to enter the living room she saw Louis walking out. They both just stood there. Looking at each other. Until Louis went pass her towards the front door. Now that got a rise out of her. Of course it wasn't supposed to he had to intentions of getting her mad or even slightly annoyed. She opened her mouth to call out for him but nothing came out. She was still thinking about the fact that he saw her and did nothing. He didn't even give her a small wave.

She turned around and as she was about to go follow him out the door, she heard her fathers voice from her left. She didn't know when he came out from the living room, or what he was even doing there.

was he talking to Louis? and if he was...

what were they talking about?

was it about her?

"just let 'em go"

disregarding what her father had told her she followed him out the door.

➴➵➶➴➶➴➵➶➴➵➶UPSTAIRS ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴➵➶

After Y/N had gone downstairs to talk to Louis, Sadie and Kendall were left upstairs together.

"do you think they would be able to be together? like not that they can't be together- but like in a would they last way- because obviously they can be together but-

"Sadie i get it, and i truly don't know"

Kendall stands up from the bed and walks over to get a cup of leftover lemonade Millie had brought up. As she was pouring the yellow liquid into a cup Sadie started walking over to the balcony. Kendall turned her head to the left and asked Sadie if she wanted a cup of lemonade too.

"yeah i'll have one"

Once Kendall was done filling up the cups she walked over to the balcony to join Sadie. Her and Kendall didn't really talk. They did but it was mostly when you were around.

"So how did you get to know Y/N?"

Sadie took the cup from Kendall's perfectly manicured hands and brought the cup to her lips.

"we met on the set of stranger things"

they were never the best at starting conversations.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴3rd person POV: ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴➵

As Y/N ran behind Louis she almost tripped over her feet many times.

"Louis wait"

once Louis heard his name being called out he came to an abrupt stop before turning to his left.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴➵➶Y/N POV: ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➶➴➵➶

I didn't know what i would say once he stopped or if he even was going to stop. Once i saw that he had stopped at the corner i slowed down so i wouldn't run into him. But it didn't help i ended up tripping over myself and ran straight into him.

As i braced myself for falling on the floor. i didn't.

Louis had caught me by the wait to prevent myself from falling forward.

it was sweet.

and in no way was it supposed to give me that many butterflies.

Once i had gained my balance back i took a step away from him. But he still kept his hands firmly on my waist.

i cleared my throat before talking, "um hi."

He looked down at me- i didn't really realize the height difference the first few times i met him. Of course i knew that he was tall but i didn't really care how tall he was when he stood next to me.

"hi"

right. i need to keep the conversation going. fuck. why didn't i think of anything earlier. damn it i need to think things through.

do you wanna talk?

no. that's obvious he didn't want to talk to me. he was here with my dad. right so what do i-

he was here with my dad.

okay what the fuck-

"why are you here?"

okay that came out a lot harsher than i thought it would. God he probably things i'm mad at him- which i'm not. okay fuck. shit. He looks nervous. Does he look nervous? Yeah he looks nervous.

I face palmed into my head and looked up at the sky. Wait- when did the sun go down. WHY IS IT ALWAYS NIGHT TIME WHENEVER I GET TO TALK TO LOUIS!? don't his parents wonder where he is-. Hold up- where even are his parents!

"i just talked to him about some stuff"

"huh?"

"the question you asked about me-"

"oh yeah right, yeah"

god i'm literally making a fool out of myself here.

"what we're you guys talking about?"

as he started opening his mouth to talk he took a second to look behind me, breaking eye contact.

"we should probably go outside"