𝟭

ᴏɴᴇ;

ᴏɴᴇ;

"And the female tribute from district 12th is Primrose Everdeen."

Kayra felt her blood run cold. Suddenly, all the noises around her seemed to dissappear and the only thing she could heard was the erratic beating of her heart.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

She tried to place Prim in the row of twelve-year-old girls, but it was impossible given that Kayra was near the end of the group.

She began to head to the middle of the square, that separated girls and boys, knowing that this was the path that Prim had to go through to climb the scenario.

She started pushing the other girls to let her through, but it seemed like they wouldn't let her pass.

"PRIM!" She shouted, searching desperately for the girl she viewed as her own sister. "PRIM! PRIM!"

"Don't bother." Told her one of the girls who had been blocking her path. Her eyes were void of emotion, looking like a living corpse. "You can't save her."

"Yes." Whispered suddenly a voice she knew all to well in her ear. "Like you couldn't save us."

Kayra closed her eyes, telling herself that it wasn't real, that it was all in her head.

She turned to the voice who had last spoken and chocked on her breathing.

Her mother was in front of her, her father at her side. The two of them looked like they have crawled up from their graves. Their bodies were decomposed, worms coming of their mouths as they talked.

"You can't save anybody." Claimed both of them. And then, with a cruel smile added. "You can't even save yourself."

"NO!"

Kayra woke up. Sweat covering her body and shallow breaths coming out of her mouth.

She took large puffs of air, trying to regulate her breathing.