𝟬

;zero

;zero

Kayra was not like the other children in her district. Unlike everyone else, she had trained since the age of five for the hunger games.

Her father was the one who wanted her to be prepared.

He had lost his twin sister at the age of thirteen. She was chosen as a tribute, but the poor girl didn't know how to survive.

She died in the blood bath. Another death that would be forgotten in the sea of faces surrounding the games.

Her father did not want his daughter to suffer the same fate as his sister. So, he secretly trained her so that if one day her daughter came out as a tribute, she could have a chance to survive.

The only ones that trained for the games were districts one and two. Sometimes district four. This put the other districts at a clearly disadvantage.

It was forbidden for the rest of the districts to train children.The capitol didn't care if they died or lived, they just wanted a show.

Nonetheless, Kayra's father didn't care about the rules. The capitol and President Snow had already taken a lot from him. He wasn't going to allow them to take her daughter as well. At least, not without a fight.

So Kayra trained.

She became skilled in hand to hand combat. At the age of eleven she could already defeat an opponent twice her size.

Her father taught her how to fight with all the weapons he could find. She preferred throwing knives and twin swords, although she could also use a bow.

Katniss helped her become really good at it. Kayra even went on to become a better archer than her. As they used to say, the student overtook the teacher.

She trained all days. Her father always told her you could never be ready enough.

She did daily runs through the forest, improving her endurance. She learnt how to climb trees, create fire and draw water from nature.

Her mother also taught her which plants and berries were edible and which were poisonous.

In other words, she learnt how to survive.

Kayra was as prepared as she could be. She just hoped she wouldn't have to put her knowledge into practice in the future.

However, her wish is not fulfilled when Prim's name is chosen in the reaping and Kayra volunteered as a tribute.

It seems that learning to fight and survive is going to be helpful to her after all.

ʜɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ!!!! ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ

ʜɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ!!!! ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋs ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ. ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ. ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ sᴏ ғᴀʀ.