12:32am

It was 12:32am, you were trudging around the school campus in the sleet with your Airpod Pros in.

You were listening to your 'sad playlist' on Spotify. It included Fight Song and that one that goes "it's been a long time without you my friend" that I don't remember the name of.

The melodies blasting in your eardrums were truly heartbreaking, and you had to use every ounce of your being to try to prevent yourself from breaking down on the spot.

Flashbacks from earlier flashed in your mind, but you tried desperately to suppress them.

Oh, Ami...

Mooch... Oh my God! Mooch!

You'd completely ditched your date together. Too late now, poor boy...

He was a total dreamboat. So charismatic, stylish, a good cook and super hot. An alpha, if you will...

You sighed astronomically.

It felt like a million million weights and also the Titanic and the iceberg were on your shoulders.

I hate everything...

Your playlist switched to Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day. It felt very fitting.

I walk a lonely road...

Your footsteps squelched in the wet floor as you walked on with little intention.

The only one that I have ever known...

Don't know where it goes...

You began to sing softly to yourself. It was rather comforting... just me, myself and I. So poetic.

"But it's home to me, and I walk alone-"

OOF!

You thwomped into a something with a large bang like the Thwomps from the Super Mario games.

You clattered to the floor, Airpods flinging from your ear holes and scattering about you like flowers in an ugly, muddy flower field.

The sheer force of your collision was nearly enough to knock you unconscious but you were awake, sprawled on the ugly, muddy floor.

You peered up at what you had bumped into.

A figure stood before you, a far too long scarf wrapped around their entire torso.

They were looking around, also ever so dreadfully confused as to what had caused the collision, but eventually their intense gaze landed on you.

Deep, uncomfortable eye contact.

Stay tuned.