The End of an Era

You blinked back tears.

"But, George..." you breathed, "After all we've been through together?"
"I'm sorry,"
"Sorry?"

He looked up at you sadly, like a big sad donkey. His glassy blue eyes searched your face, he sighed, turning away.

You reached for his hand and he swatted you away. You felt a pang in your chest.

Oh no... I'm having a heart attack...

Turns out it wasn't a heart attack, you were just upset.

"So, uh, yeah..." he continued. "Thanks. You know... for everything."

It was so painfully awkward. Just like when you first confessed to eachother.

You sat in silence, still coming to terms with what just happened. Your seemingly perfect relationship, never a bad word, he was the love of your life...

Love?

"I love you!" you blurted out like a dumb idiot, slapping your hands over your mouth.

You'd never said that before. To anyone. Oh my god...

He sat up straight, looking you dead in the eye. By his sour expression, you could see he really did not like what you just said.

"Just shut up, okay?" he snapped, "I've had enough, go run off with Mooch."

Mooch?

"I- w-what?" you said, bewildered.
"Don't play dumb."
"I'm not!" you growled defensively, standing up in defiance.
"It's so-o-o obvious, bro! You're not even sneaky, waltzing in holding his hand. I hate you!"

He hates me...

"I-I-" you stamped your foot like an angry toddler in a supermarket. "Ugh! I hate you too!"

I'm back in my hating George arc. It's been years... gone from hating him, to liking him, to loving him...

All gone...

You gave him one last, longing look before turning your back to him and scuttling off. It hurt so bad.

So, this is what heartbreak is like? This sucks, never doing it again.

You made your way back to the apartment, thoughts racing, angry tears begging to spill.

The end of my loving George arc...

AGH!!!

STAY TUNED!