── ⊰ Xiao x Reader

Summer / high school AU

Gender Neutral reader

This for you FischlIsAmazin  and all those other Xiao simps 😏 <3
_______________________

"Waahhh.. It's so howt..."

You nibbled into a watermelon popsicle that Zhongli had prepared for you and your "buddy," Xiao. Though the ice cream tasted good, it didn't really help you cool off under the hot sun. You were wishing it was winter instead of summer. During winter, you can cuddle inside and isolate yourself indoors with no regrets at all.

    "Stop complaining, will you?" Xiao, your friend, fanned himself with a paper fan as he sat next to an electric fan.

    "Jeez, I wouldn't be complaining if you weren't blocking the fan!" You playfully punched Xiao's arm in which he returned a grunt.

    You sighed to yourself, finished up your watermelon popsicle. "When do you think Mr. Zhongli will be back? I wanna go back inside.." To your luck, you've been kicked out of the house by Zhongli to spend some time outside. Worst of all, it had to be with Xiao. Though you live in the same house with him, you never had the time to really know him. Xiao goes to the same school as you and he also gets a lot of girls chasing after him. Worst of all, you're always dragged along with him. You never really know why, but you really wish you never knew this dude.

    "He took our phones, so we'll never really know when he'll come back." Xiao responded, taking a small bite from his popsicle. "...Hey, don't each so much of this, you'll get sick."

    "More reason to be held captive inside." You stated with a grin, taking another popsicle from the ice cooler.

    Xiao let out a grunt, also taking one popsicle. For a while, the both of you sat outside in the sun- sweat dripping down your faces. That was until Xiao decided to break the silence.

    "Hey... Do I bother you at all?" Xiao randomly asked, catching you by surprise.

    You glanced at him with your popsicle in hand. "No. Not really." Well, that was halfway true. Your not really at popular at school unlike Xiao. But since you are always around him, a lot of girls get extremely jealous, kind of one reason why you don't have a lot of friends. Other girls try to get along with you just so they can get close to Xiao. The first time that happened, it was in Middle School.. After that, you were always strict with who you befriended.

    "Haha, thats a funny question though."

    This time, Xiao didn't comment. He simply continued to eat up his iced food.

    "Do you think Mr. Zhongli put us out here for a reason?"

    Xiao took some thought. Zhongli never was one to punish you and Xiao without a reason, so maybe there is a story behind it?

    "Maybe because we never really go out much?" You wondered out loud, twirling your popsicle between your fingers.

    "Maybe.." Xiao muttered, getting another popsicle.

    "Ah..."

    You suddenly paused your figure, suddenly seeing your popsicle on the floor happily melting.

    "Dang.. we ran out of popsicles didn't we?" You asked in sadness the moment Xiao nodded.

    Boo.. You puffed your cheeks.

    "Here."

    Suddenly, you felt someone pick up your hand and tangle your fingers to hold a bright red popsicle, sone that matched the one you just dropped.

    "Wha.. Are you sure?" You turned your head upwards to see Xiao look down at you.

    "Just consider it."

    "Mm, thanks!" You happily munched into the cold dessert.

    "Oh, by the way!" You turned your vision towards Xiao who was now seated next to you.

    "What?"

    "I heard that you got a lot of love letters asking you out this summer, you gunna reply to them?" You asked, a question mark popping out of your head.

    "Hm.."

    Xiao looked up at the bright blue sky, thinking.

    "I'm good." Xiao looked down, then to you.

    "Besides, it feels more better if I'm just with you."

——