7 | A Moment Of Peace

For the past few days, I've been cooped up in my room, not talking to anyone. My parents were very worried about my injury but I never told them anything and just kept silent in my room.

Baji and Chifuyu attempted to visit me but I had no energy left to talk to them. Mistuya and the others even brought me fruits and candies to make me feel better, but I really couldn't talk with anyone right now.

The memory of Pah-chin getting detained by the police officers, dragging him into the car, kept replaying into my mind. I knew he was planning on stabbing Osanai! I knew it! But why couldn't I do anything to stop it?

Tears started forming in my eyes. Pah-chin...though he may seem a bit rough, we actually became close. He was the least person I expected to be friends with, but...he was a really nice person.

I looked at the calendar on top of my table, staring at it for a few minutes.

'August 1st, huh?'

There's only two days left now before that big brawl on the day of the festival and I'm still here, stuck in my room without any motivation left in my body. I'm sorry Ken, I'm such a useless friend.

Takemitchy messaged me saying that he wanted the two of us to meet to discuss what plans we had next. I stared at his message, contemplating whether or not I would meet him, but decided to just agree anyway.

I slowly stood up from my bed, staring at my reflection. My hair was a mess and my eyebags were quite prominent now. What a loser I've become.

I just splashed water on my face and put on a hoodie, blinding myself slightly as the bright light greeted me. I grimaced as I felt the pain in my wound when I raised my hand to block the light from making contact with my eyes.

"Yuki?" My mom called me softly, concern written all over her face.

I flashed her a toothy grin, "Don't worry, I'm fine now, Mom," I assured her. As much as possible, I don't want them worrying about me too much.

"I'll just stop by my friend's house for a bit!" I said as I waved my arms, running towards the door.

Takemitchy's house wasn't quite far from mine so I took this as a chance to walk peacefully and think things through. Although he might not say it, I know that Takemitchy depends on me a little now and I don't know what to do with that.

How am I even gonna break it to him that I'm not as reliable as he thinks I am? That I'm just a scared little girl who can't protect the ones close to her.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the familiar sound of an engine.

'Mitsuya's impulse?'

I paused a bit and looked around before deciding to jog a bit, not wanting to face him. I can't talk to him now! After what I did to Pah-chin...and even Toman is splitting up between Mikey and Draken. This is all because I failed to stop Pah-chin!

A hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me from running away. I looked back and saw that familiar hair color, his droopy eyes staring right through me. I averted my gaze from him and tried to shake off his hold but he just gripped my hand tighter.

"Until when are you gonna run away?" his voice was calm and soft.

I just stood there, not moving at all. "Yuki, look at me," his hands slowly made their way to my face, gently making me face him. "Face us, Yuki. We're your friends aren't we?"

"Yeah, but it's my fault Pah-chin got arrested," I managed to choke up. My voice was hoarse from trying to hold my tears back.

He only sighed before smiling at me, extending his arm to ruffle my hair, "You're so silly, Yuki!" he giggled, "No one is blaming you," he smiled at me assuringly.