12 | Initiation

"If I could turn back time, I would kill Kisaki."

Draken's words repeatedly played over Takemichi's mind as he took his time walking back to his house, completely immersed in his own thoughts. Hina's death and Hanma's appearance in the future that he saw and the promise that he made to himself.

I will become Toman's top.

He did say that proudly but he wasn't really sure where to start or what he was even gonna do next. Sighing, he plopped himself to a nearby bench, gathering his thoughts for a bit. He needed to make a plan.

"Hey, Takemitchy! What are you thinking about?" Yuki suddenly popped beside him making him flinch in surprise.

"Yuki-san! When did you even get there?!" 

"A few minutes ago, but you ignored me," she teased, punching him in the arm jokingly. "What's the situation? You just got back from the future right?"

Takemichi turned to her, a confused expression on his face, "How did you know I just got back?"

"Hmm...How do I say this? You're past self is lamer than you, somehow," she giggled as he refuted what she said, complaining about her words.

There was an innate change that would happen to Takemichi whenever he would travel from the future back to the past, and she didn't fail to notice that. It wasn't that big of a difference but somehow, he seemed like a totally different person in her eyes.

"So...bad future, huh?" 

Takemichi only nodded in response, he wasn't ready to talk about it. The events that he saw from the future was far worse than the first timeline. Noticing this, she didn't pry anymore thinking that he needed some space for himself.

No words were exchanged between the two of them for the past few minutes, both of them sat there, bathing under the shine of the moonlight, completely enclosed within their individual thoughts. 

Yuki herself was confused, she didn't know what was the present, the future, and the past anymore. Things were too confusing, there were too many secrets yet to unfold. Too many unanswered questions that she didn't know how to solve. A mystery with no solution.

How were they able to envision the future events? What was the purpose of making her see their deaths?

Why her?

Many times she had wished that she stayed uninvolved, stuck in her daily routines, away from all the fighting, but at the same time she never regretted meeting the friends that she had right now. They were important.

Far too important for her to ignore.

Leaning closer, she extended her arms to Takemichi's shoulder, giving him a gentle pat as comfort. It was the best thing she could do, she wasn't good with words anyway, and she doubt that he would even listen to her. 

Takemichi understood her intentions. For the first time in a long while, he really felt as if he had another ally besides Naoto who was far in the future. The comfort he felt from that simple gesture was immense, but he couldn't put it into words, only whispering words of gratitude for her in his mind.

Yuki was contemplating whether or not she should involve Takemichi to the risky plan that she had under her sleeves. It was a direct battle with the notorious Kisaki Tetta. Not with fists of course. She could probably knock him down easily anyway, but that would be too troublesome, considering the number of puppets that he had on his hand.

It was a battle of strategies.

A very long chess game, with the lives of the people around her at stake.