10 | Understanding

The burden of carrying someone's life was something Yuki did not even think of in the past. Her days would be just filled with the constant chatter of her teachers going on and on about their lessons. Never would she have imagined that her peaceful days that she took  for granted would evolve into something...quite violent.

But she was glad.

Surrounding her right now, are people who genuinely care for her, through thick and thin, another family, as she would say.

Toman became light for her.

The countless days that she used to argue with Chifuyu for engaging into useless fights, was actually something that she did quite enjoy now...well, except for the violent part. Finding friends -- more like comrades, was such a pleasant gift that she received.

And that light, was being flickered down by the bastard in front of her.

"Go to hell already, you fucker!!" 

Stumbling a few steps backward, blood gushed out of Yuki's nose as she took a direct hit from Kiyomasa.

"Oop, that was one hell of a punch you've got there," she chimed as she wiped the blood, quickly going back to her fighting stance.

"Give up, the two of you can't compare to me."

"Uh-huh, I wonder who was kissing the ground in front of me earlier~"

His teeth gritted, brows furrowed and jaw clenched in anger as he once again began to run towards the girl, landing a fist to her gut.

Then another, and another.

Her breath hitched, ignoring the cries of her friends as she saw that Kiyomasa's attention was solely onto her. It was one of his many flaws. His feelings are very easy manipulated, narrowing down his sight to only one person.

And she took advantage of that.

There was finally some emotion she can use against him. A weakness she can exploit.

"Oh my, aren't you too focused on me Kiyomasa-kun?" she teased, fueling him more and more until he could no longer think straight, not that he could think straight in the first place.

It was painful, of course.

So painful she wanted to pass out then and there, but she had to survive.

Her survival meant Draken's survival too.

Like a spider, his arms and legs darted out, desperately seeking the sharp knife on his hand, only to find out that it was nowhere near him. Confusion mounted on his face as Yuki drew near him. He was no spider. He was the the tiny little fly caught on the web.

Chekmate. She thought.

Using his momentary confusion to distract him, Yuki saw the chance to strike back, giving him a hard kick on his chest, making him fall to the ground, and then proceeding to kick him in the face, knocking out the consciousness out of him for a second. 

She straddled him, grabbing his collar and then giving back the same amount of punches that she received earlier.

Fight. A voice whispered on her head.

The feeling of her knuckles hitting his face didn't satisfy her, rather, it irked her. She didn't like it. She never liked it. But if it was for her friends, then that was enough reason for her to continue.

"What's wrong, Kiyomasa?" her face came in close contact with his, her fingers tracing on the wounds on his face that she inflicted herself, smiling dangerously. "Am I too much to handle?"