13 | A Visit

"Kazutora killed Mikey's brother on his birthday."

It was my first time hearing that story. The incident that was done with the intention of making their friend happy, took such a twisted turn that even I let out a gasp as I listened. Who knew that the 'Invincible Mikey' had such a tragic backstory? 

He always looked okay. Always walking around with that annoying smile of his, but somehow he did look quite lonely.

There was one thing I couldn't understand, though. Kazutora was going on and on about how everything was Mikey's fault, repeating it many times as if he was a mad man. More than that, it sounded like he was trying to convince himself that it was Mikey's fault rather than his. He was  unstable, I could see that. 

It was the only thing that was keeping him from breaking apart.

At some point, I felt sorry for him and yet another part of me screams that what he did is still inexcusable. I understand his point of view but that does not mean that he didn't do anything wrong. 

Man, this is some deep shit they got over here.

Sighing, I plopped down a nearby bench, giving my mind some time to relax. The Valhalla meeting had been over for a few hours now and yet here I am, still letting what I heard sink in my mind. I fiddled with the watch on my hand, watching as the time passed by as I sat there, unmoving.

Someone had been following me for a while now. It was Baji. He was leaning behind a tree and yet his long hair was flowing with the wind freely, giving out his position. What is he some sort of spy or something? I chuckled lightly, deciding to play with him a little.

"Hah, I sure would kill for some peiyoung yakisoba, right now," I groaned, scanning my surroundings. "Hmm...Maybe I should go call Chifuyu and treat him to some," I chimed, stifling a laugh as soon as I saw him shift in his position. At times like this, he really does seem like a little child.

Sighing, I stared at the tree he was hiding on, I decided to drop my act, "Baji, show yourself. I know you've been watching me." I glared upon the sight of him coming out behind the tree, his eyes were wide as if he wasn't expecting me to find him at all.

He wore a confused expression on his face, "How did you even know that?" He hopped on the bench, seating himself next to me. I gave him a smug smile, proud of myself "It's natural for spies like me."

Grimacing at what I said, he just sighed, "Are you still hung up on that stupid fantasy of yours?"

"How dare you say that to a master spy," I punched him playfully in the arm, feigning offence from his words. Our eyes met and we both stayed still for a bit before bursting out into fits of laughter, making fun of the expressions on our face. 

This is nice. I wish it would stay like this forever.

A few minutes later after our little outburst, we both stayed still,  not wanting to break the mood that was created. I knew the reason he was following me. He had questions to ask me, too many at that, but I didn't want to answer them. I don't want him to get involved in my plans, he got himself into too much trouble by joining Valhalla already. 

I know that he knows things have changed now. It was going to be more dangerous from here on out. We left the group that was very dear to us because we had people to protect.

 Baji was that kind of person. He may not be good in expressing his intentions into words, but he'll do anything to protect the people he held dear to his heart. 'We'll give our lives protecting each other!' as he would always say.

And right now, with the decision that he made by turning his back against Toman, we were essentially moving towards the same goal.

"You left Toman, huh?" he started the conversation. I didn't respond for  a few minutes and just watched as the clouds covered the sun, finding the right words to say to him. "Yeah, you were so surprised earlier, I almost laughed."