8 | Her Untold Story

Trigger Warning‼️/ Mentions of abuse

Please feel free to skip this part if you're not comfortable!!

───── ─────

Yuki's childhood was a train wreck. If she would be given a chance to delete that part of her memory, she would have done so at least a hundred times.

A small child was what she was, her body so thin her bones could break, small enough that others couldn't believe she was five years old.

She would be staring longingly at the kids who were out, walking with their parents, without a single care in the world. The next moment,  she would find herself staring at her tiny little body, all battered and bruised, her cheeks always glowing red, swollen. 

Every night when the clock strikes six, the familiar clicking of the heels would be heard resonating the halls, an eerie feeling enveloping the apartment. Yuki would just be there, finding herself cooped up under the table, sometimes inside a closet and other times, inside the fireplace, desperately hiding that tiny body of hers.

Without fail, every single day, her body would be filled with bruises, countless of wounds covering that small frame of hers like it was some sort of tattoo. At the end of the day, the woman would always pat her head lovingly and spout sweet nothingness into her ears, as if she wasn't the one who caused all her bruises.

As soon as that child gained consciousness and awareness about the world, she thought that it was normal for children to be beaten up. That tiny child would plead God over and over as to why this was happening to her, but no response came.  When she became old enough to understand words, she would repeatedly hear the woman in front of her saying things like 'it's all your fault.'

A way of love, she thought.

Love, huh? At one point, she didn't believe in love. Why was love that painful? 

Did my parents really beat me up because they loved me? 

As a child, of course she thought that way. They would whisper such  vile words and she would take it all innocently, believing that what they were saying were words of love.

'They're doing this because they love me! Mama touches my cheeks hard because she cares for me! Even if it hurts, I'm sure Mama doesn't mean it!'

Was what she thought, not until they left her outside an unknown building under the pouring rain, shivering in cold as they muttered the word, 'useless',  turning their backs against her, ignoring her cries for help, pleading they won't leave. The child spent the night there, shivering against the pavement as her tears fell at the same time with the rain.

'They'll come back for me right?'

Her hopes were shattered when unknown people came looking for her, saying that they were from the orphanage and that they were here to help her. She was overwhelmed by their looks, examining her whole body, their mouths falling agape to the sight of the child's battered body.

'Help me? Why would they help me?'

They started crying at the sight of her, holding the little body against their arms as if she was such a fragile glass, breaking into tears as they muttered the words, 'You're okay now, no one can hurt you,' repeatedly.

She couldn't understand at all, why were they crying? Why were they saying that no one can hurt her now? What does it mean to hurt? Was it the same as love? 

Yuki trashed around, crying for her parents that weren't there anymore. Their hold only strengthened on her, being really careful as not to touch the child's wounds. The child was muttering small whispers calling for her parents saying that she would do better.