15 | A Game of Chess

"Fighters! Make your entrance!"

The day of the deciding battle between Toman and Valhalla was finally here. Yuki stood by the side, wearing neither of the two gang's uniform. She had decided to watch by the sidelines, quietly observing what was happening.

She wasn't that influential anyway, no one would notice if she wasn't present in the fight.

Both of their flags were raised. The war between the 'headless angels' and the ones who ruled over Shibuya caught the attention of almost all the famous delinquents in the Tokyo. Whoever would win today's conflict would be one step closer to ruling it after all.

The girl was positioned not too far away from the scene so she could fluidly move in between the fight. 

"Oh my, what do we have here? A lost girl?" Her head turned to meet the owner of the voice, surprise was evident on her face. 

Slouching against the unruly pile of rusty cars behind him, his middle finger extended to push his glasses upward, a confident smirk was plastered on his face. He was dressed from head to toe in black, as if he was attending a funeral.

It truly was a contrast to the bright blue and blonde streaks in his hair.

Towering beside him was another boy who with two blonde braids, on his hands was a metal pipe, running circles in his hair. His expression was rather bored unlike his brother who had no intention of dropping his smirk any minute now. 

How could she not recognize the celebrities of Roponggi? 

She adjusted her position, facing them. "I'm not lost," she replied sternly. 

"Hmm~ then what's a chick like you doing here?" Rindou shoved his hands on his pockets and moved forward to her position, leaning closer to her face to examine her. The action made her take a few steps backward, putting some distance between them.

Her expression hardened, she didn't know what they could possibly want from her. The Haitani brothers were brutal, they weren't someone she could mess with. One wrong move and all of her plans could go down the drain.

"I'm a member of Valhalla." 

She had decided to speak the truth, there was no use lying to them anyway. "Heh, look bro, she said she's a member of Valhalla," he said, amused by the girl's words. Ran only hummed in response, still not taking any interest to his brother's new found plaything. 

"If you're a member, then why aren't you there?" He pointed to the disorderly crowd in front of them. Her gaze followed his hand, only to see Kazutora beating up the overseer for the fight.

What did she even expect? Of course he wouldn't sit through all that talking and formalities. He just wanted to hurt Mikey, nothing more and nothing less.

Sighing, she looked at her pocket watch, she still had some time left but there was none left for her to waste chatting with the person in front of her. Rindou was still looking at her, waiting for a response.

"I'll join them now." She waved her hands goodbye.

Giving him no chance to reply, she hurriedly ran towards a different place, hoping she would successfully avoid the younger Haitani's interest. Nothing good would come from it anyway. 

Rindou only gazed at her disappearing figure, disappointed that he couldn't even ask for her name. "You done, Rindou?" His older brother asked, still not understanding his sibling's peculiar taste for choosing women to hit on.

"Yep. I'll just catch her later." He said nonchalantly before sitting back down. His interest knew for her knew no bounds, and he was sure she wouldn't be able to escape him later.