Untitled Part 14

Time jump

Neville pull up to the diner and gets out. Walks in and slides into a booth.

A moment later a waitress walks up to take his order.

"What can I get you dear?"

" a hamburger with fries and a coffee and a slice of cherry pie."

" it will be a few minutes on the burher and fries do you want me to bring the pie with your coffee?"

" yes "

Just then the diner door opens and in walks Anna. Her eyes connects with Neville's .

For a moment something that looked like fear crosses her face but is quickly replaced with a smile.

A movement catches his eyes and he notices 2 little girls standing beside her. Janet says come on girls time to eat as she brings Neville his coffee and pie.

He follows the girls with his eyes as they walk over to Janet.

Anna seats opposite of him.

" hey Neville what are you doing here?"

In a stuned voice he says" I wanted to check out the lake and do some testing on the healing powers you told me about."

Smiling I said" don't you know those thing are not real? Magical healing powers don't exist."

" maybe maybe they do. Does he know?"

" who know what?"

" you know who. "

" yes he knows he just don't care."

" I can't believe that. Harry has always wanted a family."

" maybe he did but apparently not with me. But it doesn't matter this is between me and him."

" he has a right to know. "

" Like I said he already knows. I started writing him since I found out I was pregnant and didn't stop till thire 1st birthday and i begged him to be in thire lives. To not ignore them. But he hasn't even bothered to write back. "

Reaching up I wiped a tear away.

" I just don't get it he has a responsibility to his children to you."

" listen Neville all it broiles down to is he doest care about us. I was something to occupy his time with till he could have who he wanted and it took a long time but I finally accepted it and the girls as far as he is concerned were just a side effects. We're doing fine on our own. But, I need to get to work. "

When I get up to the counter Janet could see I was upset. "Are you ok?"

Forcing a smile" yeah I'm fine"

" who is that?"

" Harry's friend."

Huffing" what does he want? Did that ex of yours send him?"

" no he came for his own reasons. Apparently Harry hasn't even told his friends about the girls. Neville had no idea. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised he wouldn't want his friends to know that he has kids he

left "