Untitled Part 7

PG 11

With the end of August approaching came the ending of the crowds around waconda lake and Glen elder park. IV always enjoyed going to both places but the crowds made it less enjoyable I mean cawker's population is under 500 our big claim to fame is the world's largest ball of twine.  since its been a month since my mom and dad has spoken to me kinda put me off people. just couldn't wrap my brain around the fact they adopted me . If they had actually wanted kids I think I'd have been ok but I all ways felt like  I was unplanned and they were kind of stuck with me. It wasn't always like that with mom there were moment's when we were really happy but they didn't last. But, it was never like that with dad. I just feel lost and confused I know harry is trying his best to be there for me hence the distraction of this trip to glen elder park.we are heading to a small trail that leads to a secluded spot that's concealed by trees. It's always been one of my favorite spots I took him there the week my folks were out of town.we went swimming in the little cove. I forgot to tell him to pack swim trunks.but he was a good sport and didn't let that stop him from swimming at this memory I giggle out loud and he turns and looks at me and I ask " remember the last time we were here?"He laughs " this time I brought a suit." When we get there he pulls me to him and I say " I'm glad we did this today." " me to" he leans in and kisses me.

Two weeks later Neville walks into the dinner asking for Harry I tell him he's out fishing

" do you know where?"

"no just where ever hits his fancy. You ok ? You look upset ."

" one of our good friends was hurt at work and I came to let him know."

" I'm so sorry to hear that. Will they be ok?"

" Yeah probably, I'm not sure."

" well listen since you got to wait for Harry to came back. why don't I get you something to eat?"

" that sounds good. A coffee and a cherry pie."

When I return to the table I set his coffee and pie down and take the bench opposite of him.

"It's my break time " taking a sip of my coffee.

" Anna. Really I'm fine."

" I know. you know about half way between glen elder and here there was a waconda springs. There's a legend it held magical healing abiltys."

"Really?"

" Yeah it was a ceremonial gathering place for the plains Indians."

" is it still there?"

" sadly no.lake waconda covers it now."

" what Indian tribe? Do you know?"

" actually it's several different tribes. The Pawnee . the Wichita. The Sioux , Comanche and crow are just a few."

" but didn't the tribes fight?"

" No because the area around the springs were a neutral area where all the tribes could come to worship the great spirit on there annul migration with the buffalo herds." We talked a few more minutes but I had to get back to work.a few minutes later harry walks in smiling like the cat that caught the Canary catching sight of Neville he slide into the spot I just left. " hey Neville good to see you. What bring you out here?"

" needed to see you. You catch anything?"

" Yeah in the cooler. Wanna come help clean them?"

"sure."

I watch them get up and Neville lays the money on the table.and heads out.

" you look happy Harry."

" I think I am."

They are quiet the rest of the way home. after they bring the cooler in Harry turns and says" what's up ? You're as jumpy as someone with ants in their pants."

" what? Why would anyone have ants in their pants?"

" It's just an expression."

" Oh ok. It's just you seem happy and I don't wanna miss it up. but you have a right to know."

" well what is it?"

"It's Hermione she got hurt it was pretty bad for awhile but she's going to be ok."

" I'm glad she's gonna be ok but you could of just owled me."

" well there's more. "

" well get to it man. The diner closes at ten."

"While she was out of it she was talking about you. Saying that she loved you and missed you."

" I know that she's Hermione shes my best friend . it's normal for her to miss me. I'm like her brother"

" No Harry it's not like that . she was saying stuff about how she loved and she wanted to marry you and have kids and stuff."

harry seats down and looks at neville.

Could she really love him the way he loved her? Could this really be happening?"as a smile played with the edges of lips it freeze and died there. Anna, what to  do ? First things first.he needed to talk to Hermione before he makes any decision.