Chapter 22

"Then I told them that it was just me jumping and not an earthq.... okay wow, why do you look like you came straight out of walking dead?" Max said surprised as I approached them outside the school entrance.

I waved them off and walked with a slacking posture, "I was up whole night."

The both of them looked at me concerned before Henry put one of his hands against my forehead to check my temperature. I swatted it away while snarling at him.

"You should have stayed home and rested." Henry said, "It would have been better than you being grumpy whole day and cursing at us." He mumbled the last sentence to himself.

I rolled me eyes, "If only I had enough energy I would have made you beg for your life for saying that."

Without saying anything I went inside with Max and Henry tagging on either side of me.

"Soooo...what were you doing last night?" Henry tickled me on my sides. I stepped away from him and glared at him.

"I told you I couldn't sleep."

Max looked at Henry knowingly before looking back at me.

What? Why were they looking at each other like that? What was going through their minds?

"Just before we met with you, we saw Alec." Henry grinned.

He came.

The only thing I could of was, will he ignore me? Or will he try to avoid me just like he did back then? He didn't say one word while coming back from the beach and silently just dropped me off.

The moment I told him about my feelings I could feel the change in his mood. He was surprised but I could see that he was just expecting it.

"Let me take you home." Was all he said.

He filled the silence of the car with music while I avoided looking at him at all. It was awkward. But I am glad that I could confess my feelings.

It was better than keeping them to myself for I don't even know how long.

"Let me tell you," Max's words brought me back to the present, "it didn't seem like he had any sleep either." He wiggled his brows at me indicating what I didn't even want to think.

"So?"

"You were together, weren't you?" He grinned at me.

Henry came and threw his arms around my shoulder, "Max, don't tease Serene!"

I snapped my head to his and said as fast as I could, "But nothing happened!"

"SO BOTH OF YOU WERE TOGETHER!" Henry screamed in excitement getting attention from people who were around us.

I slapped my hand against his mouth making him shut up. For god's sake how much attention was he craving today?

"I will make you question your existence if you don't shut that mouth of yours." I hissed, before removing my hands.

"I love you too." He grinned at me.

"Who do you think you are to harass my boyfriend?" Max asked proudly—folding his arms. He puffed his chest out as he came near me.

"Aww Max. I know you will protect me!" Henry blushed.

I cried out loud, "I will make you both breakup if that is how you will make me feel."

They were making me feel like a third wheel. I mean, I know I was one. But not exactly? I am their best friend so cornering me like that is the last thing they should do.