Chapter 15

"Why don't you join us for lunch?" Alec asked as we walked back together for school.

The weather didn't change much. If anything it was getting darker but it wasn't a bother at all. I was still in thoughts of what Alec said to me. Thinking about how he opened up to me.

Can I do the same?

"I don't think so." I shook my head.

Just interrupting their lunch would be too much. I didn't want to do that.

"Why?" He asked.

"How can I join you?"

He walked beside me. I could feel his arm brush lightly against mine. I didn't move away but neither did he.

"It will be fun. Trust me. You can bring Max and Henry too." He looked down at me because of his tall height and gave me a smile.

I couldn't say no to him when he was asking me like this. I nodded my head at him and looked up at the sky. Closing my eyes—still walking—I inhaled a deep breath.

"Do you think it will rain?" I asked.

"It rarely does. But it might today."

"Do you like it?"

"Like what? Rain?"

I hummed in response.

He didn't respond for a while when I turned my head to look at his face, there was no sign of any emotion on his face. I could even say he was pale.

I walked a little faster than him before going and standing in front of him—making him stop. He looked at me confused.

No, you don't get to look at me like you are confused. I should be the one who should be the most confused because everything I do or ask it reminds you of something to think really hard about if not painful.

He sighed, "I have bittersweet moments. Some of them too sweet that it hurts now."

I fell silent and looked down at the paved road before walking along with him again. I didn't continue the conversation because I could sense it. Sense that it was only another moment he spent with Liya.

It was just a guess. A wild true guess.

"The rain is too beautiful to just hate it because of those bittersweet moments." I said in a low voice so that only he could hear. Even though the wind was too strong that we could hear it passing through our ears, I knew he heard me.

"Make me fall in love with it again." He looked at me intensely. His voice was hoarse.

We were still talking about rain, right?

The both of us stopped walking and because of the darkness and the graphite sky, his blue eyes were even brighter.

Whether it gets dark or bright, his eyes find a way to shine brighter every time whereas I am stuck here with the honeycomb coloured eyes.

I took a step away from him as fast as possible the second I heard my heart beating faster in my chest. What? What was wrong with me? Why were his words affecting me so much?

"Will you?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

I cleared my throat and looked around before letting my hair loose from the ponytail—allowing the wind to let my hair cover the face because I knew it was red by now. I didn't want him to know that I was blushing just because of his words and his intense gaze.

"Why me?" I asked.

He took a step forward minimising the distance I put between the two of us, "I trust you."