Chapter 30

Serenity's pov

I woke up to my phone ringing beside my bed. My eyes were still heavy as I rubbed them lightly before trying to reach out for my phone. I banged my hands trying to reach for my phone but the only thing I touched was nothingness.

As I gained consciousness about my surroundings, I sat straight in confusion. All the events from yesterday came rushing back to me making my headache come back.

When did I walk to bed? When did I even fall asleep?

I ran my hands through my hair making them sticking in all directions before taking the phone which continued ringing on my side table.

I still had one of my hands in my hair as I rested my head on my hand,

"Hello?" I could feel my voice being groggy.

"Good morning." Alec chirped in my ears. I groaned, how did he have such good energy so early in the morning?

"Good morning," I said closing my eyes— still half asleep.

"I am waiting for you downstairs, get down! We have to go to school."

Go to school? I don't want to. I was too tired. I can just rest for one day... it's not too much to ask.

"No." I heard him say before I could even say anything, "We have to go to school."

I stared at the wall— with the paintings which were once in the hallway— in confusion,

"What's wrong?" I asked.

The silence from his side was making me more anxious. I had enough to deal with, I was not sure I could take more on my plate right now.

"Alec?"

I heard him clear his throat lightly, "It's better if you go to school, Serene. Come on down, I'll drive you to school... before you cut me off." I heard him say the last part to himself but I caught onto it.

"Alec." I said in all seriousness getting fully awake, "What did you do? You are making me anxious. I will kill you if you don't tell me."

"Oh my god, just kill me already." He muttered.

I stared at the phone in confusion and checked the caller again. It was still Alec. Then why was he acting so weird?

"Alec,"

"I TOLD HENRY AND MAX ABOUT YOUR PARENTS DIVORCE." He muttered that quickly in one sentence.

I was numb. I didn't know what to think. How to process this piece of information?

I was silent— still trying to wrap my head around his words when I asked him again, "You did what?"

"I am not repeating myself." He said softly.

He is lying. Right? He won't do this to me. He simply cannot! I trusted him! I FUCKING TRUSTED HIM! How could he?... I was about to tell Henry and Max myself, but now he just ruined it all.

"Serene look, I reaaally didn't know that they don't know anything about-"

"Shut up," I muttered.

"Huh?"

"I SAID SHUT UP." I yelled before hanging up the phone.

I sat there staring at the wall with empty eyes before hugging my knees and trying to comfort myself.

I don't want to lose Max and Henry because of this. The fact that I hadn't told them about it until now was bad enough... but now even when they know, it's because someone else told them.