Crossing Lines ♡♡

Author: Jane4Rain

Genre/Trope: Athlete; Sports-romance; Novelist

Status: Complete

Mature Content

|  S U M M A R Y  |

"So... Do you come here often and feel up strangers in the dark?" he asks, his intense eyes twinkling with amusement while the faint hint of allure runs across his features.

"No, no. I... I don't usually go out actually."

"I see..." He smirks. "I must be lucky, then."

_________________________

When shy, introverted, and slightly quirky writer Mila Lyne accidentally runs into Hayden Cross, the star quarterback and L.A.'s most eligible bachelor, things are bound to get interesting.

What happens when the girl who doesn't want attention falls in love with the one man who lives off of it?

Hayden is a straight shooter who knows what he wants, and usually he gets it, too. But going after this girl is a whole new challenge in itself...

 But going after this girl is a whole new challenge in itself

|  R E V I E W  |

This is absolutely one of the best adult/sports romance I've ever read. If you're looking for a male athlete and a female novelist as the main couple and main characters in the story, then pay this a visit and check it out!

So, as mentioned above, this book is a sports romance. When I first read this story, it had just hit almost two million reads. I was actually quite surprised with the numbers when I finished the whole book because it was underrated and it hasn't blown up yet. Believe me or not, I honestly have tendencies of a picky reader some times. Saying I'm impressed with this work is an understatement. This is everything <3 utterly, completely, and absolutely a gem. Personally speaking, this is a must read ♡

Hayden is another swoon worthy male love interest. He is so down to earth despite his playboy and celebrity image. Not at all overly possessive, proud, controlling nor arrogant. He knows that Mila is a forced to be reckon with and I loved that he fights for her and be there for her during bad times. Another thing I loved about him, he didn't let his fame get over into his head and stayed true to himself - I very much appreciate that part of him.

And Mila -for the love of anything sweet- she is such a queen. Massive thumbs up for her major development! I would've definitely fall in love with her if I sway in that area lol. Also, her open-mindedness is something that's so precious about her. She is so sensible. No matter how bad a situation is, she's still able to be level headed. One thing I very much love about this story is communication! Like, I loved how understanding she was and no matter how anxious she got sometimes, she would still let the person involve talk (especially to Hayden) and see the sides of the story before concluding anything or instead of just assuming things.

Everything leads to mature and healthy building of a relationship. There's no toxicity whatsoever here and that's one of the great aspect in this book.

Also, I won't go into specifics since I'm trying not to spoil the story, but I had to say it here because it was so iconic. I was quite surprised with the event at the end of the story that has something to do with a certain orange wrappers for buttercups. That scene was so dope I can't get my mind off of it - never will I ever forget it, it was so amazingly sweet and original that it's already permanently imprinted in my mind. It's a never before seen kind of happening I have ever read in this app. It's absolutely one of my favorite parts in this story. What a way to roll the credits, a big heart and kudos to author for that! ♡

On another note, this is not just a book for me. It's like it has a life of its own if I must be asked. Narration and descriptions are detailed, well-written. Plot-wise, solid storyline, perfect paced, matched characterization, great writing style is so great I couldn't put my phone down. Crossing Lines and author's other works are beautifully and amazingly made with quality writing. Definitely worth coming back to reread over and over again.

I strongly recommend you check this out. You might even appreciate this work like I do ♡

. . .

V O T E  |  C O M M E N T  |  S H A R E

Follow me and add Sleepless Nights to your library if you want to see more of my content

Let me know what you think of this ♡ Also, you can suggest or recommend your favorite book here (Don't be shy)

Feel free to stop by on my profile page. I have a lot of reading lists there and organized by genre/trope (constantly updates and add more books to go on my lists). So, if you're planning to look for other books to read, head over there and go check them out. I hope they help.

Happy readings ♡