Unintended Consequences ♡♡

Author: eim1993

Genre/Theme: College Romance; Sports; Slow Burn; Brother's Best Friend; Childhood Crush; Friends2Lovers

Status: Complete

Mature Content

| S U M M A R Y |

"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint.

"W-what," I breathed.

His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The calloused pad against my soft flesh sent goosebumps down my arms. His once warm eyes were dark as they lifted and bared into my soul. "What you do to... men." His husky whisper weakened my knees.

I almost fell but his other hand settled on my hip, pulling me closer to him. "What you do to me," he added on a breath. The hand on my jaw shifted. His fingers left trails of tingles as he slipped them back slowly, under my earlobe and into my curls.

***************************************************

As a young girl, Charlotte Avery's favourite pass time was daydreaming about her Prince Charming: Archer Johnson. She never stopped to consider that Archer was her brother's best friend.. Or that he always appeared severely creeped out by her attention.

On her 16th birthday, Charlotte received a harsh reality check. Realizing just how embarrassing she had been acting, she swore to never make a fool of herself in front of Archer again.

The problem?

She is about to head to college and unfortunately it's the same school where Archer is currently the star quarterback.

Follow Charlotte during her first year at USC as she juggles new experiences, social anxiety, family drama back home, and avoiding Archer.

These are the unintended consequences of an embarrassing childhood crush.

|  R E V I E W  |

| R E V I E W |

Hey guys! May I introduce you, an another masterpiece I've read and came to love, "Unintended Consequences" by eim1993. I highly recommend you go to this book if you're craving for college-sports romance and a slow blooming relationship between the main couple ♡

Although I wouldn't say that I've read tons and tons of college-sports romance, but I've gotta say that this is one of the best ones I've seen. Must read. Binge worthy. Reread worthy. Hands down one of my personal faves!

So, to start with, I love the slow burn so much. From starting as awkward related people, to friends, and finally to lovers. Charlotte was experiencing social anxiety, family drama, and what more there's Archer in the list. So, Opening up to the guy (whether it's by Charlotte or readers, like me) was quite complicated at the beginning, especially when I sympathize with Charlotte. That's why I'm so thankful that there was a slow burn. It was a smart choice and honestly a necessity in this kind of setting. As charlotte was warming up again to Archer, I'd say it's also the same with the reader (me) because as the story goes, the more info about Arch's side came out in the open, and it became unstoppable to like Arch gradually. To shorten it, trust the process. Then, it'd be really satisfying eventually UwU

One of my definite favorite parts of the story was their communication *chef kiss*! Of course, there were a quite of misunderstandings or trouble, but I really didn't find it toxic at all. It's actually the opposite - healthy and progressive relationship. I appreciate that they were not portrayed as a perfect couple and instead, author showed realism in a romantic relationship - flaws and the ups and downs. Yes. quite a rollercoaster too.

I had to say, I am in awe of this pair. I love their growth and development so much; there's that communication that was needed and essential in a healthy and mature relationship. It was so adorable and sweet to see that Charlotte and Archer were blending so well together and complement each other. The fact they got each other's back is so heart melting and admirable.

Charlotte is a one bundle of light and joy, sweet, supportive and understanding (with real queen sht material going on too), while Archer is the considerate, equally supportive and sweet, charming, and protective (His character shouts, 'manly!').

To me, this is not just any book because it seems so real to me. Everything. The depth and the emotions poured in this book is intricate. Not to mention, the characters looks so real, whether it's the main characters, supporting characters, or antagonists... it's pretty much like what I see or hear in real life. The complexity in people is there. On a side note, I really liked those who-are-not-worth-mentioning-their-names didn't ever appear again as the story progresses - it's an enough indication to me that had show how insignificant they were. Hehe.

Anyway moving on, what I'd like to mention next is the representation shown in this book in a quite detailed writing in a form of an another character. Like the struggle of hiding, coming out of zone, acceptance, and so on. In a way, I have had a bit more understanding about people who belong in that type. Like, how they think, response, and feel about their identity before and after coming out. I mean, I do read and watch some time about lgbt but it's nothing like the one in Unintended Consequences. For that, I appreciate it. As stated in the tags, it is indeed lgbt-friendly.

Overall, the book was very much wholesome. Again, most favorite part were the sincere communications not only just between the OTP, but also along with the other characters, even that part of Arch's and his Dad's in the last few chapters. Literally couldn't get enough of it. I would find myself either swiping back or reading the same paragraph or dialogue over and over again. So, yeeeah, another book that had me sleepless for nights.

Pick up this gem if you don't wanna miss it out! Author did a brilliant and wonderful job. One whole bundle in a one whole amazing book. Descriptive. Deep. Great writing style. Amazing development. Realistic. And lastly but not the least, awesome characters!

I highly recommend you check this out and give it a try. Hands down one of the best college and sports romance ♡

* * *

V O T E | C O M M E N T | S H A R E

Follow me and add "Sleepless Nights" to your library if you want to see more of my content

Let me know what you think of this ♡ Also, you can suggest or recommend your favorite book here (Don't be shy).

Feel free to stop by on my profile page. I have a lot of reading lists there and organized by genre/trope (constantly updates and searches more books to add on my lists). So, if you're planning to look for other books to read, head over there and go check them out. I hope they help.

Happy readings ♡