Thirty

Arabella, we will be together soon...
20 August 1945

It's alright darling. I don't mind how concise or short your letters will become, as long as you still send signs of life.

I've been wearing the lovely chain you sent me, I could have sworn I felt you in it when I first touched it. As though your love and soul have been imbued into it. It's helped me stay sane without you here, thank you. I cannot wait to fill it with pendants from our future travels. I was thinking since we have already succeeded in both cliches of forbidden love and love letters...

How about Paris?

What can be more cliche than our first adventure being in the city of lovers? I think a pendant of the Eiffel Tower would suit the chain, even better around that delicious neck of yours I've been missing so much. Then Rome, I've always been a sucker for Italian cuisine. Maybe even New York somewhere down the line. I don't mind where we go, as long as it's with you.

I promise you one day that chain will be so heavy with souvenirs you won't be able to wear it anymore. Think of our future when things get dark.

Do not stop fighting, I'm still waiting for you to finish the kiss I started back in that van.

I love you, Arabella, I'll see you soon.

————

Current reads: 339
Current votes: 108

Wiki's Wattpad!
@wikiiif

Follow us on Instagram!
@wikiiireads
@swrites05

Check out Syd's other stories!

The Point of A Dagger
A Glimpse Into My Mind
Moth: A Short Story
A Girl By Any Other Voice
My Divergent FanFic Series