World

"I wish I didn't have to pretend to not like you." Silence. Silence is the only thing you can hear from this coward. What did you except?! Was that a confession or what? "I don't understand," I clarify to the man at the other side of the table. "Nevermind then," he brushes it off. Just two guys too fearful to start a conversation carriers on.

A ticking time bomb. That was how the rest of his staying days felt like. And it was finally going to be over today.

"What do you mean the other side of the world?," I interrogate Sap. "Look I don't want to go. It's a long trip, but it's the only way to get to her," he utters. This guy just told me that he has to fly to the other side of the world to pop the question to Maddie. "But what if she says no?" I note. He shrugs. "Go back home. I guess she'll be ready to commit when she's ready to commit," he replies. This is honking unbelievable. If this isn't love then I don't what is. "You barley even know each other!" I remark. I'm getting a intense headache. "The heart wants what it wants Karl." I can't deal with this dude right now.  I'm  just not ready to believe this is happening. It's hard to take in this situation. "What if she says yes?" I further the conversation. My throat becomes dry and I feel myself becoming emotional. Why? Not because I'm losing my crush. Because I might never see the person that was different from them all. The unique person in my eyes. The sunshine after a rainy day. The gold at the end of the rainbow. The hot chocolate on a cold wintery night. My laughter when I'm down in the dumps. A person I've longed for all my life. "If she says yes then we'll get married and I'll move there," Sapnap throws out. A dreadful answer for me. At least he will be happy. "Alright fine it sounds like a good idea," I give in. "I'm planning on leaving tomorrow because I scheduled a flight." What?! Only one more day with Sappy. "We better start having fun then. Come on I'll take you anywhere you like."

The last minute of our time together. I'm telling myself not to cry. We're currently hugging on my doorstep with him holding his suitcase. "I wish I didn't have to go," he whispers to me. A tear rushes down my cheek. I wish he didn't have to go too, but I unfortunately can't tell him that because if I open this mouth, he will hear constant sobbing. "Yeah me neither," I manage to crack out. He ruffles my hair. I'm gonna miss that feeling. He chuckles. I really don't want him to leave me. We pull out of the hug and smile at each other. "I hope we'll meet again soon," he breaths out. A few more droplets of water rush down my face. He looks at his phone and sighs. "It's about time for me to be on my way." My heart was just at a edge of being torn in half. Please don't leave me was I wanted to say, but if this is what makes him happy, then who am I to disrupt it. He wipes away my tears and grins. "Aww didn't know you'd be this sad to see my go," he teases. I cross my arms, trying to look as mad as possible. "Of course I'm upset about your departure." He laughs and wipes some water out his eyes. "Karl, see on the other side of the world."

Author's note- Wow a 1 day later chapter! Anyways I wrote this at 3 in the morning, so point out any mistakes. Next chapter will be in Sap's pov. I hope y'all have a lovely night, Night Owls.