Love

Third person-

"No." The man's face fell, but he best tried not to show it. His heart was pounding and was aching. He didn't know why he was letting his emotions get to him. "Well that's a relief," the man clarified, but pretending not to be close to crying. Jake. Jake. Jake may be the one to win Karl's heart. There's nothing the man can do. "Yeah, let's go home now," Karl cheered, trying desperately not to break down. How could you not? If the person you've loved for awhile said that their glad that you don't like them, how could you not? They drove peacefully in silence, wishing something would have gone differently.

"What did he say?" Karl asked. "That the shoes I bought were worth more than 1000 dollars!" Sapnap finishes. The two were finally home and somehow forgot about what happened in the car. "Anyways I should go to the store to get some snacks for our movie night," Karl stated, getting up from his chair. Sapnap waved him off with hand. "I'll be ok here." As he sat in quietness after his friend left, his mind wandered. How could he tell him? Surely he'll get over it. But this long? It's been much too long for this just to be a crush. A year. Ever since he met the beaming boy, he felt something. Something inside his heart that fluttered inside. Although he truly did love Maddie, the man knew that his attention belonged to someone else. Karl.

"I'm home Sap," Karl shouted as he entered his home. Sapnap greets him in the living room. "I got us some munchies for the movie." Sapnap nodded. The man that just came in sat on the couch next to him. "So what are we watching?" He asked. "Romeo and Juliet," the other one answered. They turn the film on and get comfortable. Karl lays his head on Sapnap's lap. The room is filled by laughter, including tears throughout the time. Both fell asleep in the same position. They can't help but think, "Is this love?"

Author's note- Sorry for not posting in awhile. I don't have any excuse. I suddenly forgot about this story, but three days ago I remembered it. Besides that I appreciate you so much. Stay safe, Night Owls💕!