Ch 1

Roseanne POV~

I entered my mistress's room which was situated in the second floor . The room was dark and cold unlike other room's in the manor, the only light came from the candle that I was holding on .
"Miss Grace I have brought your dinner" I said in my calm voice .
"I am not in the mood of a dinner at the moment" the reply came from under the sheets lying on the bed
She is still grieving over her dead fiancé, a luxury I wish I could have afforded after getting the news of my mother's death . Filthy rich nobles .
I used my candle to lit the other candles in the room , filling the room with an orange hue . I kept the tray in my hand on the bed side table and started to tidy up the space .
"My lady you have to get better eventually, you can't keep being like this Miss Grace."
"Stop calling me Miss Grace , call me Jennie Roseanne !"
"Of course, As you wish."
"Now get out! Out I say!"
I leave the food behind and exit the room with my candle .
I was jealous , how she is allowed to cry her hearts content while when my mother died I had to hold back my tears . My very own mother was killed in the most gruesome manner in front of me as a punishment for disobeying the order of my master .
I unlocked the door to my room , the lock being there never made sense to me because my room only consisted a bed and an old trunk that was inherited from my mother . I laid on my bed as many thoughts took over my mind .
What would have happened if Affordina was still a country ,not a wasteland that was taken over by Lapis ?
What if I fled to distant land where the duke wouldn't be able to find and punish me ?
What If I kill myself ? Will someone miss me? Will someone give me a proper burial ? Will I be at peace ?
No! I must stand strong mother gave up her life for me and I have to remember her last words.

Roseanne must live to survive , the last blood line of the Belestines must survive to take revenge .

The revenge I am planning for years must not go to waste . The price of blood must be payed with blood .

I stared at the empty sealing over me with thoughts still going through my mind . A sudden sound from outside attracted my attention.
She is going to visit his grave again .
Women are not allowed to step outside the house . They are supposed to caged within walls of buildings as trophies collected by men .
That girl has lost her mind ,If she is found she will be killed. What is she thinking?
I took out my cloak as silently followed her in the depths of the night which was lighted by the moon .

The card with the star lit night sky was left on the suface , no one dared to touch it .
The night holds many secrets, for it is the best secret keeper.🌙✨✨