Ch 5

❗️❗️some people may not be comfortable with some parts of this chapter ❗️❗️

After the incident , the duke frequented daily to Miss Grace's chambers , cries were always heard through out the manor. But unlike the first day , she no longer cried to help no tears fell on her cheeks. She was back to the emotionless Miss Grace that I knew . I was carrying out my special duties as Miss Grace had ordered me to .

I was sorting out the fabrics in the storage room when a sound startled me , I hid within the newly washed fabrics watching what might have  been the source of the sound . The duke entered with a noble looking man wrapped around his arms who looked like he had just entered his teenage years. His neat and fashionable clothing suggested that he belonged to a well off family.
"Sir don't do this. Its wrong."
"Well don't worry no one can say if it's wrong if they don't see us ."
"Um Si-i"

❗️❗️if it is uncomfortable pls skip❗️❗️

The young boy was quickly cut off as the duke started to do unspeakable things . I could only watch as the duke moved his hands over the poor child's body . When the boy cried in disapproval, his mouth was shut by the duke's hand . Muffles of the struggling boy filled the room along with disturbing noises made by the duke .

❗️❗️you may continue reading from here❗️❗️
When the duke was done the boy was left crying on the floor , his once neat clothes were now a mess . I slowly stood up from my hiding when i was certain the duke would not be returning. I could do nothing as I were a mere slave . I bend down to match his height .

These cheeks with tints of warmth , these captivating eyes . Everything about him is like Miss Grace .

This country has not even spared its youth . Now he will grow up with this not so fond memory struggling to find his goals in life .

I looked straight in his eyes , thought we slaves were not allowed to and pulled him in a hug . He cried silently on my shoulder as my arms supported him .I felt the sense of deja vu remembering the night the duke used violence on Miss Grace . She had wrapped her hands around me seeking comfort as her tears slowly dripped down her face . Coming back to the present I pulled him back .
"Tears don't suit such a handsome face."
He wiped his tears away with the end of his shirt . He got up as tidied his cloths .
"May I ask for your name?"
"It-t-ts Yohan ."
"Well Yohan you need to take care of your self , don't let that man near yourself again . Okay?" I knew these words cannot actually be put to use , but I tried my best at soothing a wounded child.
He nodded in agreement while he held back the tears from what had just happened to him.
"M-m-mi-miss may I please know your name ?"
"Roseanne." I flashed a quick smile as I left the child on his own .

Why did the child keep reminding me of Miss Grace ?
Why am I getting attached?
No! How can that be?

Childhoods should be about playing under the warm sun , eating sweets given by our mothers , silly fights amongst friends and siblings, bed time storing read by parents .
Not horrible memories we don't want to remember which keep haunting us even in our adulthood.🍂