Ch 7

Miss Grace's soon to be fiancé had been coming regularly to visit Miss Grace but was always rejected due to the bruises on Miss Grace , As the duke wanted his daughter to be presentable.
As an excuse  Miss Grace was being sent to the Capital academy      for proper education . The preparation for her departure were very poor , not a single maid or member of the house was concerned .

On the day of departure there was a poorly managed carriage waiting in front of the manor , the coachman resembled the carriage quite well . It was winter by this time so Miss Grace was warmly dressed for the journey , in comparison I was also needed to dress properly as I would be joining her in the academy as a far relation of the duke .

Miss Grace climbed into the carriage sparing no time to leave the hell hole . The only member who bid their farewells to Miss Grace was the young master , their relationship seems to be very complicated for my understanding.

The carriage slowly gained pace and we saw the manor fade away into the distance . The journey continued not stopping anywhere during the day light , as the dusk broke the carriage stopped at an inn for the nightly rest.

Miss Grace and I took the keys for the same room as it would be safer that way . There was always news of women getting murdered or assaulted at these kinds of places . The room didn't have much furniture as it was an inexpensive one . A full sized bed laid in the middle with bed side tables on either side .

Miss Grace was already laying on the bed by the time I changed into my nightwear. She lied on the bed with her heavy nightwear which didn't look quite comfortable to sleep in when staying at a inn . Unlike the manor the inn didn't have a cooling system due to which her nightwear would trouble her .

"Miss would you like to change into something more comfortable?"

"... I would." I knew she was a bit hesitant to the idea but her discomfort made her give in .

I slowly slid her thick nightgown away from her body when was drenched in sweat. I slowly dressed her in a cotton night gown which puch her much at ease . I looked at her for a final check , she looked beautiful even without a single piece of jewellery adorned on her. Her long wavy brown hair which was braided , those eyes to the fabric hugging her body everything looked absolutely stunning.

We both laid on the bed when I was done . Not much time later Miss Grace seemed to have fallen asleep , I moved my head to face her sleeping face .

I wish we were born somewhere else , somewhere far away , in a different time where we could be truly our true selves and accept ourselves.

I brushed away the unruly strands of hair from her face before I myself was taken over by sleep . Can we together escape our rotten faiths ? Time can only tell .

There will come a time when us being together can be a reality , not a dream. Until then I would like to dream about you .

While you dream about me , I was here waiting for you in our reality. 🍂