Ch 4

"Roseanne please don't lie , I know you followed me yesterday night."
Her words were like sharp pins that stabbed in my chest.
She knew it , I should have known .
I just blankly stared at her eyes without knowing what to say .
I will have to face the consequences now , that is how it works in the noble families.
All this time her cold hand was still in contact with my skin.Her eyes glimmering in the sunlight looked quite heavenly for a ignored daughter of the duke who lost her mother at a young age .
"I need you to spy on my brother , Jungkook for me." Her wonderful voice rang in my ears .

Its been 3 days since Miss Grace ordered me to spy on Young Master Jungkook. I questioned as why would she would want information about her own younger brother when she could get much more useful information from her numerous half siblings. It was moreover hard for me collect information due to the fact of me being a woman , women were not allowed to be directly engaged with any men if they were not their family.
Insignificant of the problems faced by me , I stoop before Miss Grace's door .I entered the room quietly where she waited for me inform the knowledge I had gained within the last 3 days .
"The Crown prince had frequently visited Young Master for the 3 days I spied on him." I reported the most important seaming piece I have collected.
"How long were their meeting?" She asked .
"He would enter during the dusk but I never saw him leave ."
"Is there anything more ?"
"Umm.. Miss your marriage is being discussed."
Fear took over her blank emotionless face . Her rosy lips and cheeks were drained of their usual warm shade , her eyes showed fear of the future awaiting for her .

Her fiancé had recently passed away , is this really a time for them to talk about potential future marriage? I would probably have to follow her to her future family . At least I will be safe , right?

The master of the house , Miss Grace's father came to visit his daughter.
Slap!
The sound of him slapping Miss Grace could be heard throughout the room . Could I stop him from beating his already weak daughter? No.
"I engaged Taehyung as you said , but he was killed . You want to again ?"
For Miss Grace Mr. Taehyung was her ticket to leave this hell and runaway to a foreign land . Away from her father .
Miss Grace's painful screams were heard by all , but none came to rescue her . Master ruthlessly punished his daughter who refused her marriage to the Maquis who was known to be a gambler.

When the master left I sat next to Miss Grace as she cried .
Blood dripped from the ugly wound on her back due to the harsh whipping . Many bruises marked her body , her skin had  lost its colour. I held her in my arms which also held the scars of whipping. I knew her tears were not from the pain but from the usability to not fight back . A tear escaped my tear .
We stayed there comforting each other through unspoken words .

Let these be the last tears we shed tonight, so we can be the reason of their fall.
Tomorrow we come back as a stronger and better us .

Then your sorrow will give us joy.