Ch 9

I was frozen as if I were a statue , waiting for the right moment to spring back to life through magic . As her face leaned in closer and the scent of roses got more intense.

Knock knock

"Miss Its time for dinner , everyone is gathering at the dining hall ." Lalisa's unique but sweet voice could be heard on the other side of the door .

Adrenaline rushed through our vein as we quickly fixed ourselves . The whole time while we were headed for the dining hall a slight smirk was planted on Miss Grace's face . While my face couldn't get rid of its pink shade .

The dining hall was a large space with tables filled with food and chairs all over the space . At the darkest corner was the headmistress, our eyes met for a short moment. The headmistress was a wearing full sleeve black dress that didn't show any skin except her face which was covered by a black veil .

She is a widow .

Her eyes through the veil clearly showed disgust for me . A wicked smile was plastered on her face when she turned her head to look at Miss Grace .

The hustle and bustle of the hall was uncomfortable for Miss Grace . Curious eyes with greedy intentions kept observing her , while I was the least of their concerns.

Having a low profile has its benefits I guess.

As soon as Miss Grace left for her room everyone started whispering.

"She is the is the daughter of duke Rubier?"
"Does she think she is so great that she has the audacity to ignore us ?"
"Money speaks I guess."
"She will sold to her future husband for a good stack of money."
"Will pretty things are sold at a higher price."

I heard something that stopped me at the spot .
"The girl next to her , she has blonde hair . Is she a Affordinians?"
"What nonsense are you spouting! How can those lowly creatures attend such a prestigious school."
"Well maids are allowed."
"Look at her she is wearing nice clothes,she must be a foreigner."

These people don't know how to shut their mouths do they .

When we reached our rooms Miss Grace leaned over to me . Her hand bushed the unruly near my ear away .

This doesn't feel right.

The coldness of her hands were strangely comforting. It was like a cold breeze in the middle of summer season . Her other hand reached for my neck , as a similar coldness was felt .
She whispered-

"Shall I kill those insects ?"

Dear readers,
So, we have almost 500 reads now. It is quite a big a big number for me , I want to say thank you for reading my book (which I always fail to update on time sorry 😢 )

 It is quite a big a big number for me , I want to say thank you for reading my book (which I always fail to update on time sorry 😢 )

I hope you enjoy my upcoming chapters of this books and roses and thorns (chaennie) which is coming soon . ✨✨🍂