Chapter 10

A few weeks had passed. One day after Mustang Sally Practice, Casey was gathering his stuff from his locker and spotted a poster being put up. It read "Fairy Tale Masquerade Dance" and it was in two weeks time and for the high school students at the school.

"Who would put this up here?" Casey thought to himself. When he got home, he went onto Facebook. He found Lenora's name under Messenger and messaged her.

Casey: Hey.

Lenora: Hya! How was practice?

Casey: Pretty fun. Did you put up the dance poster at school?

Lenora: No but I saw one by my locker after school. Bailey was nearby and then teleported off, tears in her eyes. Any idea why?

Casey: Not really.

Lenora: You should check on her? She's been like that for a few weeks now.

Casey: Sure thing! Talk to you in a few

The next day Casey got to school and went to sit with Mark and Bailey. Mark was reading on his iPad. Bailey was hiding in a book called AP Psychology All Access. Casey sat down and greeted them both with an enthusiastic "Hello!"

"Hi Casey," Mark said, looking up from his iPad. Bailey looked up then back at her book without saying anything.

"So, how are you two doing?" Casey asked,

"Same old, y'know?" Mark answered. Bailey just kept focused on her book.

"That's good, how about you, Bailey?" Casey asked her without being given an answer.

"She's been avoiding talking to you," Mark told him.

"Oh..." Casey said.

"She's happy for you but also jealous, I guess that's how you put it," Mark said. Bailey then death glared Mark.

"Well, um... do you know who put up the dance posters?" Casey asked Bailey curiously,

"Korah cabinet probably," she said before leaving and Casey saw she had tears in her eyes and it was ten minutes til the bell rang. Casey considered following her, but thought it was better if Bailey had some time alone. He gave her five minutes then went looking for her. He found her sitting outside the library crying in a ball. She peaked up and ran through the doors nearby leading to stairs and up them upon seeing him. Lenora then walked through the doors Bailey had just run through as Lenora had been coming up the stairs when it happened.

"What happened to Bailey?" she asked him as she approached him.

"Don't know, but i think it's safe to assume she didn't put the posters up," Casey told Lenora,

"I was talking with a friend earlier and apparently they helped put them up for the school." Lenora explained.

"Why would they put them up here though?" Casey wondered aloud,

"It's to help inform the high schoolers about it. There's one by Bailey's locker, my locker, and many other locations around the school." Lenora answered him. Mark then approached them. "Hey Mark," Lenora said.

"Hi Casey, Lenora." he said.

"Oh, hey Mark," Casey responded,

"Is Bailey okay, Casey?" Mark asked Casey.

"I hope she is," Casey told him as the bell rang.

"I'm heading to class, see ya period two," Lenora told Casey, kissing his cheek before she skipped off.

"Are you going to go to the dance?" Mark asked Casey.

"Maybe, I don't know yet," Casey said to Mark,