Chapter 7

The next day at school, he got to school with fifteen minutes to sit with Mark and Bailey. When he sat down he saw Bailey was wearing a cosplay.

"Good morning," Casey said.

"Hey," Mark said.

"Mornin' Casey," Bailey said in a sinister sounding voice. "So how'd things go with talking to Lenora?"

"Oh good, we're getting dinner tonight," Casey answered, surprised she asked about it. "Who are you cosplaying as today?"

"Queen Grimhilde," Bailey answered, lightening and standing up to spin to show off her cosplay.

"So is this a date between you and Lenora?" Mark asked, looking up from his comic on his iPad.

"Ya, we might see a play after," Casey answered.

"Have fun," Bailey replied.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" Casey asked her.

"Running a few errands in FTW," Bailey answered. "What about you Mark?"

"Harold and I are going to play Xbox Live," Mark answered.

"Predictable," Casey laughed, as the bell rang.

* * *

Later after school, Casey was sitting in the music room because there was theatre. He was alone in the spot he was in. his brother was off talking to CS and Karen again, Bailey seemed to be sitting alone too but in a corner playing on her phone. Casey walked over to her.

"Hey, you're okay that me and Lenora are dating, right?" Casey asked her as he sat down,

"Course! It's your decision who you date and don't date!" she replied wincing inside.

"Ok, but you do know that I was going to ask if you'd like to go out sometime yesterday, yes?" Casey responded, laughing a bit,

"Course I did dude. I had to take a step back and be logical about this," she replied quickly.

"Alright, just wanted to be sure," Casey responded. The two sat in awkward silence for a bit.

"So yeah," Casey said in an effort to break the silence. He gave Bailey a hug then walked off to talk to Harold. While talking to Harold, he saw Bailey wipe her eyes before leaving the room with red pupils. Casey thought nothing of it at first, but when Bailey didn't return, he went to check on her and ran into his mom.

"Where are you going?" His mom asked, "We're leaving soon,"

"I think something's wrong with Bailey. I just wanna make sure she's okay," Casey responded pushing past her,

"Just be quick!" His mom exclaimed, entering the music room.

First, Casey checked the girls' washroom.

"Bailey! Are you in there!?" He exclaimed. He got a few weird looks from passing students, decided she wasn't there and then went to the cubby hole. He saw her slightly hidden in the cubby hole. Before he could approach her, however, he heard a familiar voice.

"I wouldn't get too close, she might be in 'Demon Mode', as Tyler called it once upon a time," The voice said,

"Bailey...?" Casey whispered, looking around but seeing no one, Cautious, he approached the cubby hole and saw her in a small ball, hiding her face.

"Bailey? You alright?" He asked, squatting

"It's not safe for you here, leave me be, please." she pleaded looking up at him. He saw her pupils were still red and her hair was also red instead of blue like it was earlier that day.