vi

"Why are you here, Xavier?" Tyler asked looking at him as he leaned against the gurney in front of him.

"What do you mean?" he asked, not taking his gaze off Gia's body.

"You met her a day ago, Xavier." he said annoyed. "I don't understand what you're doing here."

"I wouldn't know how to answer you either." Xavier said, averting his gaze from Gia, who shifted when Xavier took his gaze from her.

"You better not hurt her." he said with a frown.

"I would hate myself if I did." Xavier said sighing.

"What are you guys doing here?" Giannina asked when she woke up, after a few minutes of silence.

"You had an anxiety attack, sweetie." Ty told her, approaching her slowly.

Gia looked incredulously at the two boys in front of her, sighing she focused her gaze on Tyler.

"Can you bring me my pills?" he asked Ty, who nodded in a second and left the infirmary but not before looking with a threat in his gaze at Xavier, who nodded.

"Sure, Gi." he said and left.

"Sorry, you shouldn't have seen me that way." Gia said embarrassed, looking at her hands.

Xavier got up from his seat and sat on the bed where she was, and put a finger on her chin to lift her face, he wanted to see her, to see her green eyes, to see her hair, all of her.

"It's not your fault, love." Xavier simply said, dismissing it. "The important thing is that you're fine now." he said, and she nodded. "Now tell me." asked. "What pills do you need?" he asked.

"I take Captopril ... it's a pill to control my heart rate." she explained, raising her hand to play with Xav's hair.

"Oh sorry ..." Xav sighed and Gia shook her head at almost the same moment. "What happened, love?" he asked, pulling unruly hair out of his face.

"I went shopping at the gas station with Tyler, I was going out and two men were coming in ... they were white, tall and about 40 years old ... they started yelling at me, but I didn't answer them, and they got mad with me, and they started to follow me, I ran to the truck and they shouted that they already knew where I was staying, that's when Tyler wanted to hit them, I kept him next to me and we came. " she sighed remembering all those things, she had brought her legs to her chest and snuggled up.

"But, well ... at least I was able to buy a Fernet." she teased, causing Xavier to raise an eyebrow.

"What? What is Fernet?" Xavier asked.

"Oh my god, have you never had fernet? It is the most delicious drink in the world!" she said, raising an eyebrow with a smile on her face. "I'll make one for you tonight, if you want."

"It seems to me that you should be resting today, miss." he said, getting up from the bed.

"I don't want to rest, I promised Sebastian that I would be present at the scouts' first activity. No one can miss the campfire at the beginning!" she said, with a smile. "I've never been to summer camp, you know?"

"Oh no?" Xavier asked curiously. "Why is that?" he asked.

"Well, I was born in Montevideo and I came to live in Los Angeles when I was thirteen, I was already too big ... and also my parents are very overprotective of me, being the smallest of the family is normal, I guess." she sighed.

"But what about you? A lot of summer camps?" she asked.

"You could say yes, a couple of times." Xavier answered her, putting his hand on Gia's knee. "My parents weren't very happy leaving me alone for months at camp." he said, looking into her eyes, she nodded listening carefully. "As soon as I finished high school I started having a ... drug problem, if I'm honest, one of my friends at the time, Blake, helped me a lot, he kept me off drugs and, well, he offered me a job ... "He paused to continue speaking a few seconds later. "After a while studying at The Stella Adler Studio of Acting I graduated and now here we are." Stopping to see her reaction, she opened her eyes quickly, surprised by Xavier's trajectory, who looked only like a rich white boy, and in reality he was so much more than that, so much so that Gia didn't even imagine it.

Gia opened her arms and Xavier threw himself into them almost instantly, they felt peace being like this with each other.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, baby." she whispered in his ear, he snuggled closer to her, creating an enormous peace. "I am so glad i met you, Xavier." she said, stroking his blond hair.

She could feel the softness between her fingers and the atmosphere created was incredible, something practically impossible, it was as if a real bubble had been created around the two of them, which allowed both of them to be there, without any kind of concern.

"I am so glad I met you too, Giannina." he said with a smile on his face and his eyes closed.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt." Tyler appeared again in the infirmary with Giannina's pills and some pills in his right hand.

"Oh thanks Ty." Gia said, pulling her hands out of Xavier's hair, causing him to purr and grabbing the pills and water.

"We should start going, if you're okay." Tyler told Gia, who nodded and gave Xavier's back two light touches, who rose from above her with a grimace on his face.

"I wanted to keep snuggling with you ..." he said, pouting with his mouth.

"Later?" she asked him and he nodded, finally letting her go.

"Come on." Ty said, grabbing her shoulders.

Xavier gave him one last look before they left the door and swore to himself.

If someone dares to hurt Giannina, he will be the first to go out and kill whoever hurt her.