x

Giannina looked at the lake with her head resting on Xavier's skirt while she silently cried, Xavier didn't know what to do, for him it was so normal, nothing interesting ... he had spent more time dead than alive, and after a few years, he got used to it. to live in a lake with his friends.

"I'm fine already, really." she told him, standing to face him. "You've been so patient with me ... I'm really grateful to find you ..."

It had been two weeks since she'd woken up like a ghost at Camp Redwood, and Xavier had been clinging to her skirt ever since, which helped her too much.

"Can ... can I tell you something?" she told him, stroking his face slowly. "When I came to this camp the last thing I expected to find myself was my soul mate, Xavier ... And I think I found it, and it's you." Xavier's eyes began to fill with tears, and he began to breathe heavily, nodding.

"I think we both ended up here for a reason, princess." Xavier told her, grabbing her face so he could give her a quick kiss, and another, and another. "I was dead, for decades, but the first time I saw your face, I felt alive." He said, feeling his cold heart feel alive, for the first time in decades.

They both sat there for hours, chatting, getting to know each other, and feeling slowly again, until Olivia came up to them with a marijuana cigarette.

Montana also walked up to Ray and Chet and they all sat on the dock smoking and laughing, it was difficult, Olivia was not the type to get stuck in one place, and now she was there for the rest of eternity , and Gia just missed her parents and Tyler ... that when he came back, the day after, he saw her.

They both talked and talked, he apologized and both of them, crying, agreed to see each other once every two weeks, so as not to forget each other. She knew that her parents were devastated, she knew that everyone in her family was devastated, but she was fine, alone... well, with Xavier. And Tyler had also agreed to bring her and the guys marijuana, but that's not a big deal.

Getting used to being dead was easier than Olivia thought it was going to be, Montana was very helpful too, despite having killed her, Olivia understood that they were still going to be stuck there for the rest of their lives, or well, deaths? She had created a routine in the two weeks they were there, she woke up next to Montana, with which she had become used to receiving pleasure every night, she bathed, although she did not need it, she walked with Chet and Gia through the woods and then she would read the books that were in the camp library, sometimes walking through the empty rooms of the children, who had evacuated that same awful night she died in.

In the other hand, Gia woke up next to Xavier and they stayed curled up in bed for as long as possible, when she got up she went to walk with Chet and Livie, played cards with Ray and bathed in the lake with Xavier, who hated every fucking minute he wasn't with her, cuddling with her, kissing her, making love to her, just breathing the same air as her.

Gia also read to Xavier science fiction books that Olivia gave him once she had already read, she talked to him about psychology and told him how much she would have liked to have patients to treat, children were the ones she wanted to treat, but unfortunately not it was possible.

From time to time they both used their phones to download an album by Arctic Monkeys, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd or Prince, both had decided not to talk to anyone, it was better for everyone they knew to keep thinking they were gone, like, forever.

And so the days, the weeks, the years went by, Gia had never been so in love with anyone as with Xavier, who felt the same way she did.

At night, sometimes she had nightmares about the way she had died, what would have happened if Xavier had not entered that room, if Isabella had murdered the children ... just what the hell would have happened if Xavier had not entered.

But when that happened, Xavier would pick her up, dance with her slowly to an old Joy Division record, and kiss her until she forgot.

"Did you know that I always wanted to have children?" she told him one starry night that they were both watching.

"You ever told me, I think." He replied, caressing her.

"Isn't it crazy that ... we're going to be young forever, I mean ... forever." she said, laughing and causing a laugh in him.

"I think it's crazy that we're going to always be together, actually." he said, laughing. "Forever and ever."

Gia stroked his face and leaned against his chest.

"I love you, Xavier." she told him, laughing. "I love you more than anyone."

"I do too, princess ..." Xavier replied, stroking her. "I love you more than anyone too."