viii

Giannina was a ball of nerves, pacing back and forth waiting for Xavier to return, who had left with Isabella after announcing that those men who had yelled at her were in the camp.

She nervously picked up her phone and tried to call 911, but her phone's poor signal and low battery interrupted it, so with sweaty hands she grabbed her charger and plugged it in, which worked for a quarter of a second, until all the light in the cabin went out.

Giannina looked out the window nervously and saw that it was everywhere. Nervously he put his low battery phone in his pocket and grabbed a stick that was resting on the outskirts of the cabin.

She debated where to go first, Alice Booth's cabin, which she hadn't seen since that morning, or the girls' cabin, who had been unsupervised since Isabella saw the two men.

She did not think about it anymore and she ran to the girls' hut, she entered slowly, without making much noise and he saw them all sleeping peacefully, he glanced at little Charlotte, who was hugging her pillow, and she left the hut sighing.

Montana took one last shot of alcohol before putting out the fire and leaving to accompany Olivia, who wanted to return to her cabin to rest, the power outages made her nervous, and Montana did not want to disturb her more than she already was.

She knew exactly what was going on, and she had a plan.

Montana took a knife that had been left over from dinner, it was sharp and pointed, hoping it wouldn't hurt more than she knew it was gonna hurt.

"I have to tell you something, Montana." Olivia told her, she was turning her back on Montana since her nerves were eating her away.

"What is it, love?" Montana asked, slowly approaching.

"I just ... I'm confused, you know, with you." she said, looking at her fingers and counting them to keep from losing control, how she had learned in psychology school. "I guess I just never felt this way, for, you know, girls." Olivia said, still turning her back on her. "Maybe I need a little time" she concluded, sighing.

"We've got all the time in the world to figure out what the fuck we want, and I just want to do that with you by my side ..." Montana said, slowly approaching Olivia. "I am so sorry for doing this, livie, but I have to, because I know that if someone else does it, it would be much worse. " Montana's speech made Olivia's hair stand on end, that when she was going to turn around to face her and ask her what she meant, Montana hugged her by the back and ran a knife into Olivia's neck, murdering her.

Olivia began to bleed more and more heavily, she wanted to breathe, she struggled as hard as possible to cover her wound and get out of Montana's arms, who was whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

And then, when Olivia finally stopped breathing, Montana led her to her cabin, away from everyone, and waited.

Xavier walked all over the camp searching and searching, the anger he had inside was too great, it was hot, like a recently used pistol, like the sun in the spring. "Where the fuck are they?" he yelled at Isabella, who was following him, stumbling carelessly.

"I swear to heaven I saw them." she responded threateningly.

"Don't you think I know how you feel about her?" he told her, spreading his arms as he walked towards her.

"I do not know what you mean." she replied, clenching her fists and trying to contain herself.

"You think I'm fucking stupid?" he asked, frowning. "It's not that you're too discreet, staring at her all the time, glaring at me all the time, I don't know how she doesn't notice, because it's too obvious."

"Fuck you." she replied, frowning.

"Oh sweetheart." He replied, teasing her. "She already does."

That was the breaking point for Isabella, who lost control. He pulled the loaded revolver from his back and shot him three times in the chest.

Xavier fell to the ground bleeding and Isabella ran away from the scene, it was too late, the slaughter had begun.

Giannina did not know what to do, she had gone to look for Alice at her cabin but she was no longer there, she found an empty cabin and panic invaded her much more when she felt three shots in the distance.

"What the fuck do I do?" she thought looking around the empty cabin.

She looked around and saw a phone which she practically ran to, she dialed the three digits quickly and put the phone to her ear.

"911. What's is your emergency?" the voice on the other side of the phone answered, drawing a sigh of relief from Gia's mouth.