Bottled water

A/N: Ahh, i've been on a road trip and I haven't had much time to write. But I'm going to try and finish this chapter while I can. Sorry I haven't been uploading a lot:/

Dream's POV:

"Alright, go put this on," I ran back into the kitchen with a long-sleeved blue crew neck and a short red skirt. He groaned before taking it with a regretful glare on his face. I waited for him while Drista left with her friends.

Getting annoyed by how long it was taking, I headed down the hall to my bedroom and knocked on the locked door. "George? You done in there?" I heard him groan from the inside before yelling back, "come in!" in an annoyed and tired tone. I opened the door hesitantly, the old hinges creaking as the door slowly opened revealing George in my dark and messy room. I stopped immediately when I saw how he looked. He was pulling the shirt down to cover his waist, and standing awkwardly with the skirt on, tugging at the back once or twice to cover himself better. I couldn't hold back the undisciplined smirk tugging at the corners of my mouth. The sight was too good not to either laugh or awe at. I couldn't tell exactly how I felt about him in the outfit. But I did know that whatever the physical reaction I was experiencing right now must mean something good...or bad depending on how you look at it. Eventually I noticed he had turned red from how long I was staring, so to prevent making him any more uncomfortable then I already have, I laughed awkwardly and looked off to a poster on my wall that was all too interesting in the moment.

George cleared his throat, so I snapped my gaze back towards him and waited for a conversation to spark. "You look good," I said out of instinct. "No I don't," he replied nervously, the atmosphere easing slightly with our familiar snappy bickering. "Yeah you do! You totally have pretty privilege," he rolled his eyes while laughing and sat down on the edge of my bed. I headed over to join him since I felt awkward standing there in the middle of the doorway.

"Drista left," I don't know why that was a good piece of information to include in this conversation, but it felt like something he needed to know. Especially in the moment. "Cool...hey, while i'm here, should we work on coding?" I groaned, but agreed and got up to grab my laptop. He headed towards his backpack somewhere amidst the thick layer of shit on my bedroom floor, and returned back to the same spot on my bed, carrying his laptop and chords. "Plug this in." He handed me one end of his computer charger, which I stuck into the outlet next to my bed.

"Okay! Story line right?" He nodded, in a, 'yeah we all established this already,' type of way. Which I would normally be offended by, but something about George never felt seriously hurtful. Just in a way where you can tell it's how his personality is. I kind of liked that about him. It was funny. George was funny, in general actually. He was kind of weird, to be honest, but somehow that weirdness felt more normal when it was just us. Plus, we've only really known each other for a few days and he's already so easy to talk with. Even if the majority of our conversations are passed on insults and complaining from George while I laugh at him.

"Okay, can you help me with this part?" I asked after a while. We had gotten into a bit of a rhythm with figuring this whole thing out. And we'd ended up drifting into a comfortable silence that neither of us seemed to mind or even notice. By the time I looked back at the clock on the bottom of my computer screen, two hours had already gone by of straight coding. And, it was starting to get really fucking frustrating. "Yeah, let me see," I handed George my computer and watched while he focused in on the screen. He seemed to know what he was doing, which was relieving. "Oh, look you just made small mistakes here and there. I can clean it up for you and it should work," I nodded then stood up to stretch. "I'm going to go get snacks, want anything?" He glanced up at me then back at his computer. "A bottled water and whatever you're having," I nodded and headed into the kitchen.

George was so much chiller then I imagined. I mean, sure he was kind of a whore who partied all the time and hung out with the worst people i've ever met- but he was nice. And he was funny too, which was an admirable trait. I always seemed to enjoy myself when it's just us. He still avoids me with all the strength in his body when we're at school or in public. But I get it, i'm not exactly the approachable type.

One thing I did notice about George is that he's a stubborn piece of shit. Except on the flip side he's easy to manipulate. And I know, I know, that sounds bad- however, I just mean if you do it right you can get him to do something. Like when I convinced him to get the tattoo. He's also an ass. But in a funny way. I think he's actually incapable of genuinely hurting my feelings because of his personality. Even when he does seriously insult me it's just funny. I don't know, there's just something so magnetic about him, I could probably talk about it for hours- but i'll spare you.

I returned to my bedroom with a bag of chips and a few waters to see George laying in a new position on my bed. He was laying on his stomach with legs bent and his feet up in the air. He looked up at me with a smile. "I fixed it! Look!" I jumped on the bed next to him, laying in the same position he was in, and peered over his shoulder to see the screen. "Okay, so if you test run this bit here..." he clicked a green button on the screen and watched as it started. The storyline option was finally completed- well, besides the actual story part, but we'd add that later whenever we meet with code club again. "COOL!" I sat up quickly and held my hand out to high give him, which he gladly returned while laughing softly. "You're so pretty..." I muttered out. It took an awkward amount of silence mixed with the immense new blush across Georges face to make me realize I had said that out loud. After turning red out of complete embarrassment, I grabbed a water and took the longest drink of my life.

The air in my room almost felt thick, and I couldn't look at George without cringing. Although, I realized acting awkward about it is even more sus then going with it, so I chuckled and said, "i'm serious!" He flipped me off and sat up. "Hey, i'm super tired so i'm going to nap on the couch," I nodded and waved awkwardly while watching him leave my room.

George's POV:

I hurried out of Dreams room so quick I wanted to die. He called me pretty. Which is fine, and it didn't cross any boundaries or anything like that...but boy did it make me feel something. I don't know what it is about that word that makes my stomach flutter. Once, I took a trip to New York with my parents, and a guy I had met outside of a gay bar called me pretty. I went home rethinking so much shit that day. I mean, I'm not gay or anything it's just that the specific compliment always gets me flustered.

"You're so pretty,"

I replayed what Dream said back in my mind a thousand times while I pulled myself into a ball under the blanket on the couch. I groaned while noticing the very obvious and uncomfortable bulge I had under my pants.

Oh my god Dream gave me a boner.

*Please excuse any typos I'm on vacay rn but I swear i'll fix it when I get home*

A/N: Pfft- I didn't expect that but when I sat down to write it just happened so...that's what we're rolling with!