9. The Things We Fear to Lose

A/N OK so this one may need a trigger warning. Don't want to give the plot away but just want apologise if it offends anyone. If anyone wants to know what it's about before reading feel free to message and ask.

Seb was dreaming. He was back in Heppenheim, walking around the streets that used to be his playground. The people he passed all greeted him with a wave and a smile. They all knew who he was, what he'd achieved, but to them he was just Sebastian.  He reached the outskirts of the town and headed out into the country. He could hear a ringing sound but he didn't know where it was coming from. He looked around but there was nothing but trees and fields for miles. The ringing got louder and louder.

He shot up in bed, woken from his sleep.  The ringing continued and he realised that it was his phone. Sleepily, he stretched out his hand and picked it up, accepting the call.

"Ja?"he said, his voice betraying his half-asleep state.

Suddenly his eyes opened wide and the colour drained from his face.

"My God, when? What happened? Calm down. What hospital? I'll be there as soon as I can." 

He hung up and jumped out of bed, throwing clothes into a backpack. He quickly pulled on a pair of jeans and an old hoodie before looking at flights online and booked the next available one to Birmingham Airport.

Then he quickly ran outside, locking up behind him. He threw the backpack in the back of his DBX and drove as quickly as he could to Zurich Airport.  He had to get to Emily.  She needed him.

                           ***

Earlier that night...

"Joel, I told you I don't feel like going out tonight," Emily complained, curling up on the sofa. Joel sat down besides her.

"Tough, you're coming whether you like it or not. It's Niall's birthday, you have to come. Harry and Kara are going. Demi's going. Even Lance is coming."

"I'm not feeling very sociable Joel."

"Sis, come on.  I'm begging you. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You'll enjoy it, I promise you."

Emily sighed. She knew Joel wasn't going to give up until she gave in.

"Fine, what time and where are we going?"  He grinned at her.

"We are going to Night Candy in Birmingham."

"Birmingham! How the fuck are we going to get back?"

"Well, I'm driving up with Harry and Kara. We're staying over. Booked a Premier Inn. You are sharing with Demi. She's meeting us up there."

"This is gonna be messy, isn't it?"  Joel started laughing.

"You know it sis."  Joel left soon after to go home and get ready. Emily packed a small bag with her outfit for that night and clean clothes for the morning. She had a shower and blowdried her hair.

She really didn't feel like going out. She was still brooding about what do about Seb. She was no closer to making a decision. She knew she was being a coward but she just didn't know if she was brave enough to risk it.

Shortly before 6 she heard a horn beep outside. She locked up and got in Joel's car, throwing her bag in the boot.

The drive took just under an hour and they were soon checking into the Premier Inn. Demi was already there.

"So what are you wearing tonight?"Demi asked Emily.  Emily took out the baby blue mini dress that she had decided on.

"You're going to have all the guys after you," Demi declared.