35. Race Against Time

"Armitage, what have you done?" Seb gasped. He crouched down and felt Scott's pulse. He was alive but Seb didn't know how badly he was injured.

"He was in my way. I didn't want to hurt him. I was saving that for you."

"You lost Chris, you need to accept that. Emily will never be yours. She's my wife."

"Your wife? Yeah, how's that going for you? I hear you've been a naughty boy with Talia."

"That's a pack of lies. Hang on, you're behind that, aren't you? You bastard."

Seb looked to the door, trying to calculate if he could get there before Chris. The rest of the garage was all closed up.

Chris gave him a smug grin.

"That was a genius plan, wasn't it? All I did was sleep with the girl and she fell in love with me. Easy to manipulate her into doing what I wanted. I overheard her telling her friend that you'd binned her off mid blowjob. So I seduced her and there you go, perfect accomplice."

"You bastard," Seb repeated. "I don't know what you hope to achieve. Emily doesn't want you."

"Why do you assume this about your little whore? No, this is about you Vettel. You ruined my life! You think I'm going to roll over and accept it? You beat the shit out of me, I lost my job. Actually that was McDevitt, but you were behind it all. Well, I think he got what was coming to him. Now it's your turn. And when I'm finished with you, I'm going for your whore. I want you to know that I'm going to have her. Talia has her ready and waiting for me. She was too easy to lure to Talia's room. All she had to say was she wanted to tell the truth."

"You touch her, I'll kill you."

"You won't be in a state to kill anyone. I shall really enjoy Mrs Vetttel's beautiful body. Who knows, maybe I'll impregnate her again."

"Chris, please, leave her out of it. She's already pregnant. If it's me you want to hurt then hurt me. Not her, not our baby."

"Oh, congratulations. I hope that doesn't go the same way as the last time. She does have a history of not being an adequate incubator for a baby. Actually, I don't really care if it does."

Seb felt sick. He clenched his fist. He had to get to Emily before this bastard did. He glanced at Scott's phone in his other hand.

"Don't even think about it Vettel. Put the phone down and stamp on it. And your phone too. All it takes is one call from me and Talia will hurt your Emily."

Seb felt himself shaking. He had no choice. He dropped the phone and crushed it underneath his foot.

"And yours." He took his phone out of his back pocket and did the same.

"Good. Now what am I going to do with you? Oh by the way, if I don't check in with Talia every 20 minutes she's under instructions to hurt Emily. So no ideas of overpowering me."

"How do I know Talia really has her?"

"I guess you don't. But do you want to risk it? You know me. You know what I'm capable of. Your friend on the floor there sure does. Could you live with the guilt if she gets hurt because of you?"

Chris took a few steps towards Seb. Seb noticed the iron bar in his hand.

"Chris, you don't have to do this."

"Oh I know I don't have to. I want to."

Chris raised the iron bar and swung it, making contact mid-thigh. Seb cried out in pain and fell to the floor.

"Let's see how you like being on the end of a beating Vettel. And you can kiss goodbye to number 5. You won't be able to walk, let alone drive by the time I'm finished with you. Be a good boy and I won't hurt Emily too much. Give me problems and...Well you know how it will end."