New York - Part One

Veronica's POV

I was kind of nervous to see my parents again. It's been over a year and I've done my absolute best to keep away from my father. He's just been tracking me nonstop and I'm getting tired of seeing his minions all over the place. I just want him to understand that I want nothing to do with him.

Betty had left a note just in case her mother came back early. We know her mom isn't coming back for another week but it was just to be sure. Besides, she wanted to leave it because she was worried.

It was a long plane ride to New York. It honestly really wasn't worth it. But if my dad actually listens to me, which is unlikely, but if he does then it would be pretty worth it. But when we got there I stalled for a while and I'm pretty Betty knew what I was doing but didn't say anything. I'm not surprised though. I'm not very good at hiding how I feel a lot of the time. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Betty asked and grabbed my hand. I smiled, nodded, and looked at her. 

"I'm fine. I just didn't ever want to come back here. But here I am. trying to get my father to leave me alone." She just nodded. "You know, I don't think I ever told you the reason why I don't like my father." 

"You don't have to,"

"But I want to," She nodded and waited. "My has this huge business that he runs. Although it's not exactly publicly known because it's an illegal business. He tried to get me to be a part of it with him. Help him run his business. I didn't want to. He was going to make me do it so I ran away. I know that probably wasn't the most logical thing to do but it is what led us together." She smiled.

"What about your mom? Was she a part of it all with your dad?" I shook my head.

"No, she left him two years before I ran away. She wanted nothing to do with it either. And no, I don't know why she didn't take me. I haven't talked to her since she left." 

"I'm sorry,"

"It's fine. Let's go."

"What now?"

"Well, I want to get this done and over with. I don't want to be here any longer than I need to. This place has bad memories."

I knew exactly where he was before Robyn had given me the exact address he would be at. I recognized it. He hadn't moved since mom left us. I didn't think he ever actually cared about her. I figured he would move if I'm being honest. I mean, he has lots of places here. 

When we got there he wasn't there. I guess I got lucky with keeping the key this whole time. We walked around and it was just empty. My first thought and action were to go to my old room. When I walked in was exactly the way it looked when I left. Nothing was moved or touched. I sighed. 

"He didn't touch anything,"

"What?"

"This is exactly how I left my room when I ran away. He never touched anything." 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I honestly thought he would turn into something he could use to hid things of his," I quickly left the room and went to his office. Betty just followed. I smiled as I walked in. 

"He never liked me in here. Mainly as I got older. I guess he knew I would start understanding the things that were said." I told her. She didn't say anything. I could tell she was becoming uncomfortable being here. "If you want you can leave. This is about me and my father anyway,"

"No, I promised I would be here for you and so I'm going to be here." I smiled.

"This is why I love you," I then kissed her. She kissed me back. I slowly pushed her up against the wall and slowly ran my hands up her shirt. 

"Veronica, what are you doing?"

"I'm bored. And it might take a while for my father to come back. So, I figured why not fill our time." I said and planted small kisses on her neck.

"You know that reason doesn't surprise me at all,"

"It shouldn't. So, yes? No? I will completely respect whatever answer you choose," she smiled and pulled me into another kiss. I guess I have my answer.