CHAPTER FIVE

Amara hadn't planned on spending her first day back at Hogwarts teaching Tom Riddle a new spell, but nevertheless that was where she found herself heading late that evening. Piled high with essays, she barely had time to think, but Amara was true to her word, she had said she would teach Tom, and therefore, she would.

"Where are you off to so late?" Juliet questioned her from the sofa, stretching out her arms with a yawn. "Can't you stay and help with my essay?" She brushed her blank parchment which was in the same state it had been in hours ago. "I don't want to ask Malfoy or Altman, and Renato already said he couldn't help...."

Amara considered telling her the truth, that she was sneaking off to see none other than the Golden Boy, but Juliet was a gossip, if she let those words leave her lips, it would be seconds before the whole of the Slytherin house knew and were creating rumours about the couple. Amara would never hear the end of it, especially not from Nova.

"I forgot to do my homework for Arithmancy, I have to quickly get a book from the library so I can get through that tonight." It was a plausible lie. She knew Juliet wouldn't investigate it, she would look no further than the surface.

"I am so glad I didn't take Arithmancy."

"You would have failed out in less than a day," Amara couldn't help herself, she rolled her eyes at the thought of Juliet trying to write an essay on the New Theory of Numerology, it was laughable.

"How rude of you."

"How correct of me."

Juliet nodded, "well enjoy your awful books. I shall just be here suffering trying to write this!" She frowned, "I'm sure when you're back I'll be here with no progress made."

Amara smiled before she made her way up to the sixth floor with nothing but her wand, anxiously awaiting Tom's arrival. She knew that Tom was a far better wizard than she could ever be and the thought of teaching him anything made butterflies erupt inside of her, filling her up like a vessel about to overflow. Nonetheless, he had requested it of her, and when Tom made a request, you didn't say no.

"How intriguing to see you Amara," Tom spoke, nodding his head at her.

She turned to face him, "it would be nice if I could say the same for you," she tutted at him, "now, where are we going?" Amara let out a breath, eager to get back to the common room and begin working on the homework that had rapidly begun piling up.

Tom took a few steps towards her, "well, we are going somewhere you probably haven't been before, I hope it's somewhere you might find useful, you might even come to use on your own" He took a deep breath in, "now, do follow me." He began moving without waiting for her response.

"So, where are we going?" Amara repeated as she trailed behind him, awkwardly jogging to catch up with his pace.

Tom didn't reply, instead he gave her a once over before pacing up and down in front of an empty wall.

Amara raised her brows at his actions, "now what?" She prompted again, crossing her arms as she watched him.

"Wait." He kept pacing in silence, until in an instant, an intricate door began forming on the wall. As soon as it had fully formed, Tom extended his arm and with one swift movement, pushed it open. "Come on in Amara."

"What is this?" Her eyes lit up as she walked in. "How did you find it? Where even are we?" Amara had never even heard of this place before, and she had buried herself deep into Hogwarts: A History more times than she could count.

"So many questions Amara." He replied coolly, "why don't you have a look around?"

"How do I know this isn't some kind of trick?" She questioned him. Although Tom himself may not be one for tricks, she knew that his Slytherin friends- Nova especially- were particularly fond of embarrassing others.