Chapter Ten

Check the A/N for updated triggering warning if needed, there are some different ones in here :)

Heyyyyyyy. Sorry for not existing :(((((. Existing is hard. I hope y'all enjoy

Virgil stared at the ground from behind the window, wondering if it would be worth it to jump. But no, he dismantled the thought the same way he always did; thinking of what would happen to his parents and, now, Logan, Patton, and Roman. Virgil sighed and pushed himself away from the window.

----

"Recite the plan," The King said, shuffling through papers on his desk.

Virgil scoffed, blowing his bangs away from his eyes, "I'm very capable of-"

"Recite the plan, Virgil," Damien spoke, raising an eyebrow when Virgil remained silent, "If you need some motivation I'm sure I could talk to your parents,"

"Fine," Virgil hissed angrily, "Get them to sign the damn papers, don't explain enough to give the plan away, come back here." The King didn't appear to be amused by the quick explanation but acquiesced.

"Go on," he said, waving a hand to shoo Virgil away, smiling all the while.

----

"The King has a proposition for you," Virgil said, entering the room. Patton, Roman, and Logan appeared confused. Virgil couldn't blame them.

"A proposition?" Logan prompted.

"Yeah," Virgil replied, making sure to keep the writing on the paper out of sight as he sat next to the other three.

"For ownership. Of me." Roman stood rapidly, causing Virgil to flinch.

Roman didn't seem to notice, moving to rapidly pace in front of the couch, "Virgil we are not going to- going to- buy you."

"Well," Logan interrupted.

Roman stopped pacing, turning to face Logan, eyes wide, "Well?" he exclaimed, "What do you mean, well?"

"I just mean that, if it means that we can get Virgil out of this situation, why not consider it?" Patton remained silent, looking between the two. Virgil swallowed hard at the look of pure anger on Roman's face. "Roman," Logan said sharply, nodding to Virgil, "Stop." Roman bristled, but didn't argue, trying to relax. "Listen to me," Logan said, calmer, "Your ego is getting in the way of seeing this clearly," Logan held a hand up when Roman opened his mouth, "I don't want Virgil's freedom to come from- from a transaction either. But, if it really means Virgil will be free, does it matter?"

"Logan you can't seriously think that-" Roman exclaimed loudly. Virgil's shoulders hunched as the yelling quickly turned into an argument between the two.

"Stop it!" Patton screamed, interrupting the two. Everyone turned to Patton, shocked, "Virgil, honey," Patton said softly, aggressiveness gone, "What do you want us to do?" Virgil blinked, surprised; they weren't supposed to ask him that.

"Um," Virgil stammered, faltering, "I don't know," he decided on, remaining neutral as to not give anything away.

Patton stared at him, squinting a little. Virgil straightened up a little, starring back.

"Okay, kiddo," Patton said, smiling. Virgil could still see how tense he was, "We'll figure it out," Virgil nodded, not meeting the three's eyes.

----

Damien squinted, carefully adding three drops of dragon's blood into the potion. He had been attempting to perfect this potion for months, and this time he was confident he had it. He was not, however, expecting Remus to burst through the door without knocking. Accidentally squeezing the dropper, too many drops of the liquid fell into the potion, causing it to smoke before fizzling out.

"Remus!" Damien growled, breath heaving. Remus didn't look alarmed that he had ruined the King's potion. In fact, he looked furious.

"What the fuck did you do!" Remus yelled, slamming the door as he stalked into the room.

"What in the world are you talking about, Remus?" Damien asked, hands gripping the cauldron tightly.

"I'm talking about this!" Remus exclaimed, thrusting a stack of papers he had been hiding across Damien's desk.

It was the contract Damien had sent with Virgil. It had been signed by Roman, Logan, and Patton. The King smirked; he had won.

"Why Remus," Damien purred, "This," he gestured to the contract, "This, is the first step in our conquest of the Sanders kingdom," Remus didn't appear any less upset at the explanation.

"By imprisoning my cousin?" Remus questioned, mouth twitching up into what could have been a smile if Remus didn't look ready to murder someone, "Without consulting me?"

Damien rolled his eyes, placing the contract face down on his desk and moving to exit the room, "He'll be fine, Remus, him and his little consorts. Virgil will make sure of that."

Remus chased after him, "I don't care! He may be an asshole but he's family, we can't do this!"

"I," Damien hissed, "Can do whatever I want," Remus froze for a few seconds while Damien continued to walk.

"They're- he's still just a dumb kid, he won't be of any use to you," Remus argued.

"Oh, please," Janus remarked, "Nineteen is barely a kid, Remus. Besides, Virgil is Eighteen and can handle himself just fine." Remus frowned as Damien rounded the corner into a different hall quickly.

"Damien!" Remus called. Damien ignored him, continuing to walk through the winding hallways of the castle. "Damien!" he repeated, running to catch up, "Stop, just, listen to me for once." Remus clenched his jaw as he was ignored. He couldn't just walk away from Remus like that. "Janus!" Remus called, grabbing his husband's bicep to stop him. The King froze for a moment before turning around and slapping Remus across the face.

The two stared at each other for a few moments, Remus in shock, before Damien swallowed hard, straightening up, "Do not call me that," he spat, "This is going to happen, Remus, you do not get a say." Remus looked at his feet, not daring to look up until his husband had long left.

"What happened to you, Janny?" Remus breathed out shakily. It was that moment that made Remus sure of what he had to do; he would do whatever he could to get those four out of here. 

Sorry again for not existing :(( thank you so much for your lovely comments and for, well, still being here.  It means so fucking much to me. Love y'all.

-Apollo

(Forgot this lol: I have a tumblr! It's pretty empty rn lol but if you're interested, here it is, feel free to DM me :))))  I'll be putting it in my account description :))